1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing - Still Worth It?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 4WardMotion, Jul 30, 2010.

Well, I have heard a lot about article marketing over the last couple of years and have started doing some myself. I have 7 or 8 articles up with more to come. My question is, is this still a good use of my time for building traffic or would my time be better spent elsewhere? I have seen a little bump in traffic, but not much to this point. With so many different methods out there for driving traffic is article marketing still worth my time?

My site has 700+ backlinks, but is only getting about 15+ hits a day according to Google analytics. I keep reading about those who are getting thousands of hits a day and I wonder what am I doing wrong. I have been working on this site for over a year and have made a few sales, but nothing that great. I would really like to know what I need to do to have a break through in building my traffic.

Is article marketing going to be that tool or should I be focusing my attentions elsewhere? Any ideas, suggestions or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4WardMotion, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  2. Pixel Pirate

Pixel Pirate Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing will always be worth it if you're executing it correctly.

Are your keywords being searched for?
    What sort of websites are you competing with for your keyword?
    Are your articles unique and well written?

Without looking at your site, it's hard to tell what you're doing wrong. But these are the sort of questions you need to ask yourself.

Also, look into other methods of generating traffic other than backlinks.

Pixel Pirate, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  3. siothach

siothach Active Member

Best Answers:
    all kinds of Marketing are worth, if they're used correctly

siothach, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  4. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your replies. Good questions I need to ask myself. When doing article marketing what is a good rule to follow by for how many articles I should be posting to build a solid amount of traffic? Article marketing is not my only traffic source, but it has been one of my main ones. I want to find 3 or 4 methods that are the best use of my time and dedicate my time to those. Thanks again for your help.

5. dannobester

dannobester Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, article marketing is still worth it but you have to have the KW research side of things down.

dannobester, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  6. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been working on the KW research side of things. One of my articles has ranked in the top 10 for a popular category on ezinearticles, so I guess I must be doing something right. I guess it just takes time to build up the articles and get the backlinks and traffic. They say the best method is slow and steady and I guess they are right. Thanks for your feedback dannobester.

7. aaramire

aaramire Peon

Best Answers:
    You want to look at the stats provided by your article websites or if you can get some kind of tracking. This will show you which articles are performing best. Once you find the best converting articles, look at what makes them successful and duplicate.

Tracking is key here, or you will spend lots of time on techniques that aren't bringing you results

aaramire, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  8. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    You may not have good experience with article marketing but it is one of the best free way to make bucks.

teckinik, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  9. stoneworth

stoneworth Peon

Best Answers:
    I am submitting articles and good results are getting yet. But each article must be index by search engines otherwise article submission is useless.

stoneworth, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  10. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    @aaramire - Thank you for the insight into tracking. I definitely need to look at that more.

@teckinik - I know that a lot of people use it for this, I just need to learn how to make it profitable.

@stoneworth - I agree with the indexing part. It seems that are articles are getting indexed, because I can find them all when doing a keyword search. So I guess I am on the right path here. Thanks!

4WardMotion, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  11. cyberlight

cyberlight Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is still a very viable means for getting sales.

You also want to make sure you are getting the full mileage out of your articles that way
    you don't have to write as many of them.

But....it all starts with having the right "keywords" If that is done correctly everything else will
    fall into place and your sales will come.

Regards

cyberlight, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  12. lisaoliver

lisaoliver Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the great thing about article marketing is that if you write good articles (and if you have made a top ten then I guess you do :) )they will continue to advertise for you over a long period of time. I look upon article marketing as a way of having assets in a bank - they continue to supply me with interest for as long as my links are valid and people are looking for the information.
    Best wishes
    Lisa

lisaoliver, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  13. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    for me article marketing is still the king,and it helps allot in seo

mubashirnisar, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  14. wvwritingservices

wvwritingservices Guest

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is King! As the owner of WV Writing Services we service thousands of clients and they keep coming back so I don't think they would if it was not working. But keywords are so important. Also were you submit the articles is important too. We use Unique Article Wizard to submit the articles. It takes 3 versions of 1 article and spins them into hundreds of versions and submits them to directories, blogs and opt in subscribers. You can set it to submit to 50 sites a day. Then when your done it can be reset to submit again and it will submit a different version of the article. In the end you have created hundreds of backlinks of 1 original and 2 rewrites of an article. We offer it to our clients for $10 an article with 7 submissions. We write the articles too. Check us out WV Writing Services

wvwritingservices, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  15. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is still a good way to get traffic and back links but it's not enough anymore to just write a few articles. You need to pump out dozens (maybe even hundreds) of them.

Also, you have to get back links to your articles which will help them rank in the search engines and will also give them more juice and make them more valuable as back links to your main site, thus giving your main site higher rankings.

Lee

cashcow, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  16. jdhflip

jdhflip Peon

Best Answers:
    Double your exposure and backlinks, make videos out of your articles too! Google rewards sites with video.

jdhflip, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  17. jani01

jani01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    off course, Article Marketing is the king of Marketing. I have observed that this work really great and results are better than other marketing methods.

jani01, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  18. ZnHosting

ZnHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course its worth it.. All marketing techniques work very well, as long as if you use them correctly.
    I believe article marketing can be very successful.
    Hope this helps.

ZnHosting, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  19. Tiedemies

Tiedemies Peon

Best Answers:
    Especially in terms of getting strong backlinks article marketing is definitely worth it. It might prove to be beneficial in getting more credibility as well. I don't expect to gain much traffic from articles though, but they can even bring that too.

Tiedemies, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  20. jwpdad

jwpdad Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is effective when done properly. I would focus on using article sites which tend to rank well in Google quickly, including ezinearticles and articlesbase.

jwpdad, Aug 1, 2010 IP