1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling $2500 a month adsense site...only $5k

Discussion in 'Sites' started by bmac, Jul 30, 2010.

I have a site at auto-insurance-cars.com that provides advertising services for salvage cars, trucks, ect. These are items that have been paid off by the insurance company and then they sell them to be rebuilt or salvage. The site is not very old, I used to do this with a different domain name but it had the name of an insurance company in the name so we had to shut it down and just got started back up but the site has had 8600 page views this month and $2500 in adsense profits.

A big part of the value in this site is our methods and contacts and those will only be shared with the buyer to protect him or her. I will provide some info on how it works via PM. I will stay involved and help the buyer for as long as it takes for you to get your purchase price back and make a profit and then you can take off on your own once you learn how it works. If you are willing to put in a few hours a day you could make the $5k asking price back in a month or you can also out source the work and still make a good month profit.

Asking price is based on age of site. Since it is not very old I have ask a lot less but I would be willing to finance 50% based on earn out but I would have to charge some interest if I do that. Sorry no paypal on this high of a dollar amount.

Attached Files:

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  2. hartwm

hartwm Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    got more proof? like a link analytics and show a clearer adsense?

hartwm, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  3. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes just pm me your email and I will send the stuff over. I can let someone log into my adsense to verify the income if you are serious.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  4. true_promote

true_promote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i hardly see any content on this site! what is the traffic source? is it paid traffic? looks like a MFA site to me though ;-)

true_promote, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  5. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The content is the pics of the cars which can change daily so it depends on the dealers inventory as to what content is on the site. Traffic comes from car ads on other sites. They come to the site to view pics of the cars for sale.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  6. icemannn

icemannn Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    your site have zero backlinks and earning 2.500$?

icemannn, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  7. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes we do because the traffic is not coming from the search engines. As posted above the traffic comes from cars ads on other sites and not search engines. The inventory changes almost daily so it is pointless to try to drive search engine traffic.

And I spend a lot less time driving 300 to 500 visitors per day to my site using my method than what you would spend on building back links everyday

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  8. kazmatic

kazmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    why would you sell a site that earns $2500 a month which = $30000 a year for $5000 ?

kazmatic, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  9. cybatech

cybatech Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You have to be kidding me.......... 8600 page views = $2500 Adsense profits.

cybatech, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  10. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because the site is only about a month old and has not been established long enough to justify a higher asking price.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  11. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you would take the time to read the screen shot you would see 1293 clicks over the month which is a 15% click through rate which is about normal on targeted traffic. It is a high paying niche so the ads are paying just over $2 per click on average so no smart ass I am not kidding you. Before running your mouth at least take the time to read the info.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. siothach

siothach Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    - The content is the pics of the cars => wallpaper site?
    - Traffic comes from car ads on other sites => paid ads?
    - 1293 clicks & a 15% ctr => too dangerous
    - over $2 per click for picture niche => you're lying?

siothach, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

-No it is not a wallpaper site. The cars are cars that are for sale by insurance companies.

-No the ads are not paid but I do pay someone to post them.

-Not sure how you figure this. I have never had an issues with an account with google in seven years. There is no rule about what your click through rate should be and if your traffic is targeted you should have a rate in the mid teens

-Are you serious? There are a lot of niches that pay over $2 a click. I tell you what, PM me and lets put a little wager on it. I can prove the pay out amounts without a problem.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  14. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And it is not a picture niche, it is insurance.

bmac, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  15. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 4
    Beware all, Site earn $2500 and only want BIN for $5000?? You could provide us with Valid Proof of revenue and Traffic. for revenue you need to display adsense channel only for this site. and verify that you're the owner of the site

guniwan, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  16. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I usually defend the sellers in cases like this, but this time I have to side with everyone else.

I went to your site and counted 8 total pages. On the unit pages it only contains a few images. Actually a few of the units only have 1 image. The blog is a generic wordpress theme and really looks like a turnkey site.

15% CTR is just insane. Even in the most targeted niche with the most integrated ads you will rarely see 15% CTR. I know you say it's normal, but you are far from the truth. Normal is <3% on average.

Even if all that is true above and you are telling the truth, no one would sell a site for 2 months traffic unless:
    1. The feds/mafia or somebody is after you and you need money fast
    2. The stats are made up and you're trying to pull a fast one
    3. The site requires so much time that the money isn't even worth it

There are just so many things that don't seem to add up here. I'm not trying to flame just trying to throw my 6 years of buying and selling experience out there.

bigrollerdave, Jul 30, 2010 IP
    IProx likes this.
  17. hartwm

hartwm Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the guy told me that he sells cars on craigslist and then emails links to get back to the website... so even if his stats are all true, you have to sell cars on craigslist on the side to supplement the site...lol

hartwm, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  18. sekhose

sekhose Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    lol.. funny guy trying to sell this.. wonder how much time he took to plan all this :p

sekhose, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  19. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am assuming most of you are all about 12 years old. You dont read the post and just keep asking the same price and you dont listen or read.

I never told you I sold cars. I dont sell cars on craigslist and never have. I said we post ads on craigslist for a auto dealer but I dont sell them. As far as 8 pages the car inventory will change each time he emails new cars to list and we only get four or five cars at a time so no there is not going to be a lot of pages. I can and will provide a log in info for the adsense accounts and I do have the new beta version of adsense so there is no need for channels and everything is verifiable. I even have ever email communication for each interested person that visited the site.

I will not however share info with anyone that is not a serious buyer which none of you seem to be.

bmac, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  20. sekhose

sekhose Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    This site is just 12 days old.. and you earned $2500 so you could earn >$5000 / month :p

sekhose, Jul 31, 2010 IP