1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting affiliates to promote clickbank product

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gl38inc, Jul 29, 2010.

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am also a new clickbank vendor. I recently just finished up a product in the self help niche for shyness and social anxiety. You can view my squeeze page here http://www.social-dynamix.com my sales page is here http://www.social-dynamix.com/main.html

I have really been busting my butt with creating everything. A year ago, all I knew how to do on a computer was check my email. Now, I'm trying to promote my product. The one thing that was been a real road block for me is getting affiliates.

I'm not trying to get rich or anything, (that would be nice though) I would just like to let affiliates know that my product is out there. Anyone have any advice? I'm like a sponge.

gl38inc, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  2. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there, sounds like you have come pretty far for yourself on your own, congratulations.

Affiliate management is something we provide as a service at MakeMyContent.com - We are a UK based company and can handle your affiliate management for your product. If your interested you can check out our site in the link below

Hope it helps

Kind Regards
    Alex

Alex Hall, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  3. simonjh

simonjh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    When I had a product on CB, I had similiar problems. do you have much of a list? If you do, or don't, go thru CB and contact all the vendors who are selling similiar products and offer to promote their product if they promote yours.
    Do you have access to competition analysis tools, like Affiliate Elite or Keyword Spy or SpyFu? If you do, look for the keywords for all your niche and find the affiliates who are paying to advertise - go to their websites and tell them about your great product fer them a greater chunk than 'normal'.
    One tactic I did was I offered such contacts 100% commission but I made a great list I sold off for a while afterwords.

Good luck!

Simon

simonjh, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  4. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you gotta start networking... do favors to others and they do favors for you.
    build your network and eventually you'll have more chances of finding good affiliate candidates.

post to relevant forums and ask if people would be interested.

and of course using clickbank and having Big Affiliate % helps a lot. Instead of giving 25%, consider giving 75%. :)

Game Producer, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  5. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    Network and build a list.
    If you do not know anyone online then SEO is a good way.
    Always give 75% as said above, anything less has much lower chanse of getting promoted.

Wulkan91, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  6. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    couple pieces of advice....

-You should promote your product yourself right now. Put up a PPC campaign, write some articles and submit them to ezine articles, get started with SEO for your site.
    -Make adjustments to your website while you've been promoting. Tweak your site to get the higher conversion rates.
    -After you have some good testing done announce your product launch in the clickbank section of this forum. Show all of your conversion rates, refund rates, and chargeback rates. Also tell people where and how you advertised to get these conversion rates.
    -You should also just put all of your affiliate resources on your affiliate page, affilaites hate when they have to sign up to get banners/keyword lists.
    -Also you can go to other forums like warrior forum and announce your product launch to other affilaites there.
    -The clickbank marketplace should also bring in some more affiliates as well.
    -You can search for websites in google that are related to the website you have, contact the owners of these websites and ask them to market your product for you. This will take time but it works.
    -Also write some articles and put them in your affiliate section. Write articles for affiliates to submit to article directories, and write content for affiliates to use on their blogs/websites. This really pleases the affiliates.

Hope this helps!

Le Dangles, Jul 29, 2010 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  7. Stoic

Stoic Peon

Best Answers:
    Building affiliates is something that will take a little time. If this is your first product launch there here is a good set of rules.

-Be Generous with Commissions
    -Keep a list of affiliates
    -Offer bonuses for top rated affiliate's

The key here is deliver value to your affiliates, so they will come back for future projects.

Stoic, Jul 29, 2010 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  8. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    see what le dangles and stoic just said. very good tips.

adding one more to the list:
    - ready made banners for affiliates to use also works pretty good for some type of products

Game Producer, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  9. gl38inc

gl38inc Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are awesome. I appreciate all the great advice. I will start apply this now actually. I never realized that affiliates get mad when they have to sign up to a list. I always figured it would be a great way to keep track of everyone for future launches and products.

gl38inc, Jul 30, 2010 IP