1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

People who quality directory submissions?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Judge Mental, Jul 26, 2010.

I haven't been to Digital Point for a long time. But a while back when I was here there were some folks who charged to do quality directory submissions and I had good results from them. Unfortunately, my PM box has been manually pruned so I don't know how to contact them anymore.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of anyone who is a reputable directory submissions person?

Oh and if this is one of those "no no" topics the moderators can delete this thread and I wont be offended. I don't know all the "dos" and "donts" around here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Judge Mental, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure that there's a sufficient number of web directories that I would submit to that would warrant using the services of someone to do this for me; most of the services operate their own network of crappy directories for the express purpose of providing submission services. I have seen in the past where a network is utilizing the same database so they only need to submit your details once rather than the xxx number of submissions they claim. I will suggest that you use caution as you're not likely to receive what you think you paid for; seems the only manual aspect of these services is them initially entering your details into a program so they can auto submit your sites to whoever/whatever is currently on their list.

CReed, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You're likely better off manually submitting these yourself. Spend the "submission" money on submitting to quality paid directories that do NOT share their Databases and keep a fresh clean and updated quality collection of well categorized sites.

Mia, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  4. Salvadore617

Salvadore617 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the above comment spam? I read it 5 times and I am confused as all hell.

The reason above the above comment is real good. Also, the barrier to entry to develop directory content is so much easier, that there are just so many more directories on the internet in general. Some get big real quick, most die off. But it isn't easy to tell, so you post up in as many as possible.

Look for a local service (CL will have some), or people with reviews that are many and recent (within the last year recent).

Salvadore617, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear what you guys are saying and I tend to agree with it (that's what my logical side keeps telling me). However, my experience is that (crazy as it sounds) doing some mass directory submissions early on when the website is new seems to really help 6 months down the line. At least that has been my experience.

Judge Mental, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  6. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of directory submission services at BST, the reputable ones can be distinguished by the number of reviews/iTraders.

Ibn Juferi, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you haven't done directory submission for a long time, you will find that Google has greatly devalued any benefit of the vast majority of directories. The "6 month" benefit you experience is likely due to being released from the "sandbox" not the directory submissions.

mjewel, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  8. byeloo

byeloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not use google to get targeted traffic? you pay for directories subbmisions, what not pay for google too!

byeloo, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  9. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean adsense? I do that as well. I use a wide variety of tools to get traffic to my websites.

Judge Mental, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well it certainly does not hurt.

Look, anything you do is going to have some type of impact on your site. The whole point of the responses here is that getting your best bang for your buck and time are what's going to be more important. If you want an initial mass boost of submissions from the start, use something like Addme, SubmitExpress, FreeWebSubmission, etc... All great sites for submitting quickly and easily a number of directories and se's.

Mia, Jul 30, 2010 IP