1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account in Moderator Queue after Email Change

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jaydev, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am posting the message I got from user Kumara1234 in email (with whom I worked for my logo design). Looks like he is having problem to login, could any of the mod check his account please.
    -----------------------------
    Hi mods,

My account is now in moderator queue for about 4 days after I changed the email address in the profile settings. I can't post or sent PMs at the moment. When try to reactivate using the same link in the verification email, I get the message 'Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.' The account user-name is "kumara1234".

When searched the issue in the forum I noticed that it can happen due to duplicate account creation. And I must say I have a duplicate account. I accidentally made it more than a year ago when I first registered here (I used Opera browser which has a strange way of handling it's cash memory and sometimes gives old info about the registration states). So it has the same age as my active account but never used in anyway in the forum. At that time I didn't find a way to delete it. So obviously this account is not related to any illegal or unethical activity. If this delay is due to the duplicate account just check it. You'll realize it has absolutely nothing associated in the forums and can be deleted easily. The user-name of that account is 'hnrkfernando'.

So if possible, I hope mod looks into this and fix this soon.

Thanks.

---------------------------------

jaydev, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. Why have you created dup accounts? Surely you should have used the account that you first registered and waited for an email? Maybe you got impatient and decided to register again? Well, I'm not sure if you can even reach me by replying here. You've just sentenced yourself in getting banned.

Grimm, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  3. kumara1234

kumara1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate. Now the account is activated.

Also thank you moderators for reacting so quickly in this issue.

After googling I found out few frustrated users who had various issues with their accounts but couldn't communicate with the moderators and eventually left the forum. May be they forget the option that I used. But it'll be great if u can at-least leave this section 'Suggestions & Feedback' open to the user regardless of their account states. I think it makes more sense. Anyway just a thought.. it may be more complicated tweaking things in the forum than I think.

Thanks,
    Ruwan

kumara1234, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  4. kumara1234

kumara1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO.. read the full post before replying u looser. :p

kumara1234, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  5. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. I am merely reading the forum rules, and think first before you call other people 'loser'. ;)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rules_duplicate_accounts

Grimm, Jul 29, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.