1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to check if a SPECIFIC backlink to my site is being recognized by GOOGLE?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bigbody300, Jul 16, 2010.

hi guys

How can i check to see if google has found a backlink to my site from another site. Google in webmaster tools only show first 187 - i have 2000 backlinks.

I need to verify if Google has recognized this link placement from a PR4 page.

bigbody300, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  2. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can using Google webmaster tool to check or type link:www.domain.com in Google.com. It will return the result to you.

anhbloginc, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  3. MaxwellSmart

MaxwellSmart Peon

Best Answers:
    No, don't do that. Google recognizes many links that it does't display in webmaster tools or a search with "link:" syntax. Simply enter the exact url of the page containing your backlink in quotation marks (eg. "http://backlinkurl.com") and see if that page comes up as a result. If it does, it has been indexed by Google and will count toward your rank, if it doesn't it hasn't been indexed, and won't have been counted yet. In your specific case, click the "cache" link next to the result to see if that PR4 page it has been re-indexed (crawled) by google since your link was added.

MaxwellSmart, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  4. bigbody300

bigbody300 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THanks MAXWELL i will try that

bigbody300, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  5. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to be pedantic, but this is not exactly accurate: the page may have been indexed by Google before the link was added.

To find if a backlink counts for your site, check the current cache of the linking page. This can be done via the Google toolbar or with the cache:URL operator. Check (1) whether your link is in the cached version of the page and (2) whether the link is not "nofollow." If (1) and (2) are both satisfied, you are fine.

PhilipSEO, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  6. realestate_basket

realestate_basket Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi horsey67745,

Do you know what is the firefox plug-in called for checking backlinks?

realestate_basket, Jul 28, 2010 IP