1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why we need to use 301 redirect?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Bobj, Jul 27, 2010.

Hello all,

I am looking for the ans. about how to 301 redirect code helps to us in google? I have an idea about it that how it works but any good point of view to effect on our website by google.

Thanks in advanced....

Bobj, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  2. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you change your domain, to any other new domain then you need to use 301 Redirect to get your backlinks which you used to get on old domain.

Serious Workers, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  3. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Implementing a 301 redirect on your website to a new location tells Googlebots that this location has been moved to a new one permanently. They will then consider the new location as the official one and won't bother much on the old location. This method is the best way to do if you want to move to a new domain and avoid duplicate content problems.

Grimm, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  4. sandym

sandym Guest

Best Answers:
    You can use 301 redirect for Link Building purpose also. Buy some good High PR expired domain from resellers and make a link on them to your Home Page. 301 verbally means that the website has been permanently moved to the new location. Hope I am clear to you.

sandym, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  5. Bobj

Bobj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello All,
    thanks for reply me, but what I want that if one domain like example.com and I put the 301 code in it, so it will be redirect to http ://www. example.com right. Now but main question is.. is any effect in google search engine. how it helps to my website.

Bobj, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  6. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds soooo black hat. Better to avoid these types of methods. You meant to say implementing a 301 from the High PR domain to your website or Vice Versa?

Grimm, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  7. inception

inception Peon

Best Answers:
    you need one probably If your moving your domain name from a www to a non www, or moving the entire domain itself.

inception, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  8. buzinessware

buzinessware Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need old domain to new domain redirect then you can use 301 permanent redirect.

buzinessware, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  9. Burkley

Burkley Active Member

Best Answers:
    For many website owners, this is also to avoid flagging of duplicate content of two different sites (since you are only changing your domain, and there will also be cached information) by redirecting Google to your new site, as well as retaining certain website statistics.

Burkley, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  10. salvync

salvync Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience I did the 301 redirect and my Pagerank or links never got transfer to my new site. I waited like 6 months.

salvync, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  11. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    301 redirect code you can use for redirecting for redirecting one domain in to other.

Allthebest, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  12. sunnykwok25

sunnykwok25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really. Thats just finders keepers. If a domain is expired it probably wasn't worthwhile anymore.

sunnykwok25, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  13. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    some search engines treat www. and non www as different sites so if you do a 301 redirect, they will become the same site. In Google Webmastertools you can specify what you want Google to use, either the www. or non www

zurpit.com, Jul 28, 2010 IP