1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Google treats mass submissions?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Fremont, Jul 23, 2010.

I've been buying links for about month or so and now have somewhat about 20-30 links to my site achieved within last month (Google showing that there are about 120 links to my site actually).
    Now I'm thinking of using mass submission to forums or catalogs but heard that Google doesn't like dramatic increase of number of links. Is it true?
    I see there are offers with manual submissions like 25-50 per day. Is it ok to use such services or Google will get angry about this?

Fremont, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  2. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    when you start submitting your site hugely google treats it as spam so doing it manually and for like 5-10 links a day it will be fine .

imranamen6, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  3. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    it also depends on quality of the submission - whether there are few outgoing links per page or hundreds

atxsurf, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  4. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When building backlinks, look for quality instead of quantity and you would do just fine! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  5. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    S P A M. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

Grimm, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  6. freeseoguide

freeseoguide Guest

Best Answers:
    google will just ignore that... article submission will have some influence till one point... it's enough to submit to 20-25 directories and only rewritten articles... after you do that, no point to go further...

I do that regurarely and see improvement but mass submission will give you nothing more... what is the point to have 40 links from one directory? or duplicate content on 400 directories ?

freeseoguide, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  7. jeffereeno

jeffereeno Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is getting much better as detecting schemes to increase page ranking without actually having the content to back it up. If you do anything significant (ie. massive amounts of back links, huge changes in content or big changes) very quickly they will penalize you. Do it slowly and make sure you have some substance to back it up.

jeffereeno, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  8. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on how much mass / bulk you mean. I wouldn't worry about it because it takes time for each page to get indexed, and unless your budget is unlimited you will run out of $$ before you can put a significant dent in the SERPS. A lot of this requires manual work, and natural link flow to maintain a decent ROI.

FlightCenter, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  9. Fremont

Fremont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guys,

Thanks for great advices and for sharing information. I understood your points about quality over quantity, doing things slowly etc.
    However, I studied websites of sites like mine (aka my potential competitors) and i saw that sites which showed up are on a 1st page of Goiogle, they have backlinks like me - not a remarkable number of good("paid") links and then plenty of those crappy links from catalogs and directories. And this isn't preventing them still go to 1st page in results.
    Do I understand properly, that they could achieve this backlinks over some significant amount of time?

Fremont, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  10. dogmatch

dogmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to think what YOU would have been looking for when you where going to build the best search engine in the world. Would you try to filter out the spam and mass submissions bringing little or no relevance? I think you would! Try to think like a search engine - know your "enemy" - make it your best friend!

By getting a lot of incoming links in bulks it is very easy to map link bombing, link spam and other attempts to manipulate the Google serps. Agree?

Try to think a little different - build quality links from good "neighborhoods" and put some notice to your keyword analysis, anchor texts, title tags, internal linking, and keyword density in the top of your page and you are on your way to get improved rankings without spamming!

dogmatch, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  11. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, google hate that. But I tell you, when you gather a thousand backlinks just this day, those a thousand backlinks you gathered won't all be crawled during the day. It takes google few days to discover you have added 1000 backlinks to your site. And it even take weeks especially when those backlinks come from unranked or PR 0 pages before google will see it. Google prioritize web pages with high PR than get busy with unranked ones. That makes getting links from web pages with PR 4 above a good advantage. Not only that it can help aid site crawlability issue, it can also contribute enough link juices to rank pages on SERP.

blings, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  12. MissSapphire

MissSapphire Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also interested in this, thanks for your posts, if I will find other information about it, I will come back and share it!

MissSapphire, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  13. Fremont

Fremont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm already trying to get/buy links from sites with PR. So, you mean that getting links from sites with higher PR will help achieve PR for my site?

Fremont, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  14. Fremont

Fremont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'm also put my forces into that. I just was a bit puzzled when I study my competitors who's on 1st page of Google, and see that they do have a lots of those mass submission links besides a limited number of "good" links just as my site. I was wandering does it helps them or something other led them to 1st page in Google results.

Fremont, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  15. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    google consider mass submission as automated software submission and not take into consideration

newlogo, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  16. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    links for high quality sites gives good value ...I thing Google considering age, link site's quality and also its deepness..
    If build links bulk quantity is short period for new sites really problem.. its by my experiance

rena, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  17. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily buying links (if you can get them free). And yes, higher PR pages will help achieve PR for your site. You can do the math. If you got a thousand PR 0 web pages linking to your site, that would make your site somewhere PR 1 to 2 but not beyond. If you want to achieve PR 3 to 4, your backlinks should compose of 30% PR 3 above pages, 50% PR 1 and PR 2 pages and 20% unranked and PR 0 pages.

blings, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  18. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    A quality link a day, keeps the Google sandbox far away ;-) SY

hospitaleracha, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  19. Fremont

Fremont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys! I appreciate it.

Fremont, Aug 5, 2010 IP