1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help out a noob earn a good deed for the day

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by happy212, Jul 26, 2010.

irst off i built my website already and its looking exeptional if i do say so my self, problem is getting traffic is a pain, google is not crawling my site, ive submitted a sitemap but no change, im tryin to get links on twitter but geting followers is not as easy, i wrote an article at ezine but its not getting any traffic also, right now im looking to see if blogger can do anything for me but right now its not looking good.

please, please any help or tips would be helpful to this noob

my website is
    fred-loriston.co.cc

happy212, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Three things you can focus on are:

-creating quality backlinks.

-make sure you're writing keyword rich content. Using a long tail keyword (a phrase, a number of words) may be easier than trying to rank for just a single word or two.

-also make sure you have quality content and try to update it on a regular basis.

Good luck and I hope your traffic improves.

danasurvey, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  3. BinaryQwest

BinaryQwest Peon

Best Answers:
    A few tips you may want to do:

The names of your pages are erratic. Its best to go with one name convention. Don't use caps or spaces sometimes this can cause a problem. Although your page nav flows it may not be best if you were to move the site, etc.. I'm guessing your on a windows server now, if you were on a linux server DIET.html and diet.html would be 2 different pages.

Use http://textalyser.net to analyze your keyword count, density, etc.. It appears your page is not geared to one or two keywords or any at all really. Your page should focus on one or two keywords with a density around 2%. To start, you'll prolly need a long tail keyword to get your foot in the door with the search engines. You can expand once you get indexed.

Also..
    Agree totally. You may even want to create a blog with a free service and put up a couple articles and point it back to the site. This has helped me tremendously when creating a new site. You need to understand too that just getting into search index may take some time. You won't be able to put a page up today and have it indexed tomorrow.

Good Luck with it

BinaryQwest, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    happy212 likes this.
  4. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    Myongosi, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  5. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch! That site was just about painful to read! The background looks cartoonish, and I've never been a fan of white lettering on dark backgrounds... I could just about forgive all that, except the spelling errors jump out at me...

I must confess to reading several books each week, so spelling errors particularly irk me - particularly as so many word processing tools these days have spell checkers built in.

What really jumps out though, is that you said you wrote one article, and it's not getting you any traffic. This demonstrates that you don't understand article marketing... you should be writing at least one article every day... preferably after you've done your keyword research, and built your articles around long-tail keywords that have little competition.

Your resource box for article writing must offer something for free - and the affiliate program you're targeting does have a free ebook that you could be offering on your site. So head over to 6 pack abs, and pick up the book, put it on your site for download with your affiliate links in it.

The domain name is not related at all to the topic, and that makes things difficult... you'll find it hard to rank in the SERPS with that domain name for anything related to weight loss. You could turn this into a great plus by putting a photo of you, or someone that readers would presume is 'Fred Loriston' - perhaps a 'before' and 'after' photo - and a more personal explanation of how this program helped you lose weight. This would turn the URL into an asset - because people would then see that you were personalizing your own battles with weight loss.

As for indexing, I have the opposite problem, trying to keep Google away from a new site until I've populated it with enough content to make the site look good - so I'm not sure why you'd be having problems being indexed. Make sure you have a good ping plugin, and bookmark your site with Digg or a few social sites like that, and you should be indexed quite rapidly. Also, I noticed that you had no <h1> tags... rather strange from an SEO point of view... you need 'em.

Next, start writing articles... not only for the traffic, but also for the back links - be sure to visit a few article directories and download & read their guides for article marketing - so you understand what you need to do. Also, look around the net at other sites that are affiliating for 6 pack abs, and learn to judge the different websites - you'll soon see what stands out, and what looks bad. I can't really recommend your site as a good one - but on the other hand, I've been guilty of rather bad sites myself - it's a learning process.

You also need to put up 'Privacy', 'Terms of Service', 'About Me', and 'Contact' pages... it will raise your rankings on Google if you have the basics of a good website. Your banner needs a great deal of improvement... go to xheader.com and download their free banner creator... they have an upsell for 5,000 additional graphics, you don't need it to create a better banner than you have now... so a free download, and you can improve there...

Hope this gives you a few ideas of where to improve. Good Luck!

Khadaji, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    happy212 likes this.
  6. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd have some tips.

1) First, try use dots. They make sentences much more understandable.
    2) Avoid using those nasty commas, they make, your speech, look like you know, incomphrensible, and it's quite odd, and just annoys the dragon.
    3) Say one thing in one sentence. Then use a dot. And say another sentence.

After writing those tips I checked your site. I noticed that yes... that's exactly what you need for first.

When I read a statement that says "results are almost garrantteed", I can almost guarrannttee that I won't be checking this site ever again in my life. :)

Also, if I ever again see this smilie I will rather tear my eyes off than read more. That thing is like The Thing from the past. Evil smilie from the 1990s.

So, shape up your site first.

One more tip: there's no call to action. After reading the site, I don't know what to do. Check out some other popular landing page (pick any marketer like Yaro Starak or anyone) and see how they make you call to action.

Game Producer, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    happy212 likes this.
  7. happy212

happy212 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you all for the great advise sorry about the spelling i dont have a spell check option in my editor but the site itself is a rough draft i plan on moving soon, this is only temporary, but much appreciated to the tougher critics out there, keep them coming, your not hurting my feelings none, just great advise

happy212, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  8. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You should write articles every day and trying submitting the articles you write to social bookmarks such as digg to get more traffic and exposure. The more you write the better you will rank.

zurpit.com, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  9. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate that you didn't take my criticism the wrong way!! Thanks!

Khadaji, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  10. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    oh dear god please re-read what was just suggested. doing proper sentences that people can read here in the forums is the first step. :)

Game Producer, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  11. happy212

happy212 Peon

Best Answers:
    your a dick! is that proper enough for you?

12. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    well, technically speaking you should use "you are" or "you're", but getting closer...

:p

sorry. I crossed the line. :) I really think having proper statements makes it (1) easier for people to understand what you want to say and (2) perhaps adds a drop of professionalism. Shows you aren't just writing things in haste caring nothing.

but that's just my 2 cents. :cool:

/end of grammar-nazism

Game Producer, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  13. Jason C

Jason C Peon

Best Answers:
    When you speak like this to fellow webmasters who you ask their opinions from you are only making yourself look bad. Who is going to want to help you now? No wonder your website is failing. Hell its not even online when I tried to visit it!

IMO Game producer gave you the best advice you read here. If you want people to re-read your material you have to make your material "readable" preferably at ATLEAST 12th grade reading level other wise you'll sound like an idiot and no one will give your opinion any accreditation. There are a million blogs out there what makes your's so special as to why people would want to visit? That's your key and great content is your lock smith. If you want to be a pro-blogger (writter) you should learn proper grammar and writing skills!

Jason C, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  14. happy212

happy212 Peon

Best Answers:
    my website is offline because i am currently in the process of moving as previously stated in my last reply. i sent my regards to everybody who took time out of their day to replied to my thread especially those who didn't sugarcoat anything but as for IMO Game producer, his reply wasn't aimed to help me or anyone for that matter. he just sounded a little snobbish to me.