1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google cache problem

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Charismatic_Verma, Jul 25, 2010.

Suppose there are two websites -

www.abc.com
    pr3
    google cached

Other website is
    www.abc.nl
    pr3
    google Cached (according to google)

Now here the question is - when I search in google to check the cached status of www.abc.nl (cache:www.abc.nl), it shows the cached result of www.abc.com.
    You can say both the websites are clone to each other. Everything is identical. The problem is - www.abc.nl, show the cached result of www.abc.com.

when I enter cache:www.abc.nl, following exact message:-

This is Google's cache of http://www.abc.com/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 21 Jul 2010 21:57:41 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

*Note I have changed the domain name as www.abc.com and www.abc.nl, these Url's are dummy examples.

Looking for an urgent help.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
    Charismatic_Verma, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    When did you changed URL? or was it previously or still being redirected? If so, then that may be the case. It really depends if the date shown on your cache is within the time that you were still using the old domain by means of redirection then the most recent cache will still show that result.

Grimm, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  3. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what I got when I tried cache:www.abc.nl on google:

This is Google's cache of http://www.abc.nl/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 26 Jul 2010 05:51:19 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

Can't replicate the case you are telling. Perhaps everything is okay now?

blings, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  4. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    mate, I don't think he's really referring to www.abc.com or abc.nl. They are just dummy samples. :)

Grimm, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  5. tompatrick

tompatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    As ayou say that you have changed the domain name from .com to .nl, so you provided the solution your self they reason you got cache from the .com site because you can consider the cache a s a snapshot of the website that Google keeps till the time Google doesn't crawl your website again you will be shown the old snapshot that it took it can be days old or even months.

but if you check now every thing seems to be fine your site is being cached today that is 26 july and the cache snapshot is of .nl website

tompatrick, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  6. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got this mass

seo555, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. Charismatic_Verma

Charismatic_Verma Member

Best Answers:
    I changed the domain long ago. Before 2 months. Now, the problem is it is still showing the cache of ".com" that's the whole issue.

Charismatic_Verma, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  8. Charismatic_Verma

Charismatic_Verma Member

Best Answers:
    no www.abc.nl and www.abc.com are just examples bro.

Charismatic_Verma, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  9. karpok

karpok Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can change the address using Google webmaster tools if you changed ur domain. (301 is must)

Google webmaster tools dashboard -> Site configuration -> Change of address -> Enter your new domain name.

Anyways, keywords rankings mostly drops as bcoz keyword in domain name gives high priority.
    PR will be back in next PR update.

karpok, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  10. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for misunderstanding this guys.

But I think the problem is somewhere here. If you are saying these sites are clone to each other, then google might have detected that and returns only a common cache.

blings, Jul 26, 2010 IP