1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with haressment

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Laceygirl, Jul 24, 2010.

Alright, that's enough of this.

In order to give itrader you need to say that you're are interested in purchasing in that particular topic, but today I did that and I got an infraction.

Seriously, you got rules and then other rules that conflict with rules.

Please tell me the proper way to be part of a topic in order to be able to use itrader without breaking the "PRIVATE RULE".

And another thing. What's with this "I'm not saying the reason you got an infraction"?

(edit: Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm blacklisted on DP where the mods have this little sybmol next to my name. Come and get me.)

Laceygirl, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since when do you have to "say you are interested" to give iTrader?

digitalpoint, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  3. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ha, your joking with me right now. You want me to explain the rules with giving itrader again.

You are not allowed to give itrader unless you have contributed to the topic(replied in that topic). Because of this rule you have to say something in the topic and chances are its not going to be a big discussion.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    Laceygirl, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  4. Pros

Pros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where in the rules/faq does it say that? (here is a link so you can look through them all: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php)

I think you are mistaken, as digitalpoint charismatically pointed out.

Pros, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  5. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You allowed to give iTrader only if you had transaction between you and seller / buyer

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  6. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both content transaction and payment transactions should occur with iTraders. In case of scam often only one of two occur, in this case negative iTrader should be given.

MarTh-, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  7. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, you are wrong. To give itrade, we do not need to participate in that topic. Just we can copy that deal url thread, and while giving itrade, paste it in deal url thread. Posting in thread is not at all needed.

earnincome, Jul 25, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, I think you all are right but I recall reading the following "If you did not participate in a deal within this exact thread, your account at this forum will be subject to termination."

Now I can't find that rule anywhere so it looks like I stand corrected.

Laceygirl, Jul 25, 2010 IP
    fastreplies likes this.
  9. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are right about that being the rule. But you could have PMd the person and still be safe in leaving an itrader linked to that thread. I have dozens of itrader exchanges where I followed the instructions given by the buyer/seller.... he says to PM him for more details, then we do that... then later we can leave itrader with a good conscience.

I dont mark the thread by saying PM SENT. I simply use the thread tools at the top of the thread to SUBSCRIBE. Relax, I bet almost everyone on this forum has an infraction exactly like the one you are talking about. The good thing here is you cannot see your neighbor's infractions.

If you reply in the sale's threads, generally it has to be a reply that will benefit other members - Asking questions that apply to everyone, not just yourself. example.

Dont ask
    hey, i get off work at seven oclock, can i start the project after that?

Do ask
    we would like to know what the deadline on this project is. what do you mean by "I need this done quickly".

See, this saves time for everyone. But dont take my instructions for law, I've been demerited for asking questions a time or two. Use your PM and always link to the thread you are replying to. Keep on trucking. :)

Karen May Jones, Jul 25, 2010 IP
    fastreplies likes this.
  10. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is correct. I thought the same in the past, that both parties had to have a post in the related thread. They do not. You just need to include the URL where the deal happened.

Blue Star Ent., Jul 25, 2010 IP
  11. Pros

Pros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sean being the wordsmith that he is, you may want to read things twice, paying attention to the semantics. Even your quote there does not mean that you must have participated in the thread, just in a deal referred to in the thread [ie. the one the thread was posted regarding]

Pros, Jul 27, 2010 IP