1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking Sites Vs SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by edfranklin, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DES-SEO

DES-SEO Guest

Best Answers:
    From my experience social media sites don't boost my site's SERP much as compared to other organic methods. My sites receive only 3% traffic from social media sites

DES-SEO, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  2. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    seo used social networking sites as a source of traffic.

rainier, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  3. lamoves

lamoves Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me explain in two words hope this will help reader..

Social media ===> for brand identity and traffic
    Seo==========> for keyword ranking + organic traffic from search engines.

Both are important..

lamoves, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  4. tapaskannoujia

tapaskannoujia Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites are good for the SEO traffic point of view because U ll share ur sites on social networking sites and atleast 30 to 50% of your friend circle and visit the site .Person who like the information it means want or know more about it.
    Ultimately result is to increase the traffic and popularity of sites.

tapaskannoujia, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  5. johnk681

johnk681 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social Network is an important part of SEO. Not for making only friendship but also good optimization and quick ranking.

johnk681, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  6. ksb

ksb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    social networking site is very helpful go gain traffic for our website and some good PR social bookmarking sites have do follow bookmarking where you can bookmark your site and get a good quality do follow links.

ksb, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  7. Joy mds

Joy mds Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networking sites are really for Getting Traffic. I am using facebook for Getting traffic for my blog Or its works Really well.

Joy mds, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  8. djcrich85

djcrich85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Facebook and twitter mostly for my sites. You can brand your websites easy on these platforms. anytime I use either mostly on a daily basis my visits skyrocket. What I like to do is run contest from my facebook or twitter to get people from my site. For example I have a movie review site where I have a 10$ fandango gift card drawing for the people that sign up for my mailing list. It don't cost me much compared other ways of getting traffic, loyal followers, and mailing list

djcrich85, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  9. jonathonhewitt

jonathonhewitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    But the major question is, if you send your network to your own site, are the people in your network the same people that are your customers? If not, than it is completely irrelevant traffic.

jonathonhewitt, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  10. jonathonhewitt

jonathonhewitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is very true, as a matter of fact, google and bing instantly crawl every tweet as it goes on the web and can be displayed almost instantaneously.

jonathonhewitt, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  11. Brainshakers

Brainshakers Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media is a social platform which really helps for branding and promotion of any business website. Social media optimization is the newest way to grow your business and get new clients today. Social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. are not only used to get in touch but these are the favorite place for any Internet marketer to make their product or Service a Brand. These networking sites are the newest way to get traffic as well as to grow your business online and get new clients for your business. Its all about focusing on generating traffic to your website through Social media.

Brainshakers, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  12. SEODeal

SEODeal Active Member

Best Answers:
    These days, social networkings websites are everywhere and people use them every day to business, chat, and connect with friends, and strangers. How to use the most miss-understood tool in business. Under penetrated benefits of social networking?

Social networking is a technique of escalating the number of one's business and public links by building relations via individuals. While social networking has gone on almost as long as societies themselves have existed, the unparalleled potential of the Internet to promote such connections is only now being fully recognized and exploited, through Web-based groups established for the purpose.

Social media and networking has turn out to be a miscellaneous means which can be practiced by everyone. One person can post or share information and share it with hundreds, even thousands, of inhabitants across the world in a matter of seconds. The more people you meet and network with, the more business opportunities you are expected to approach.

Thanks

SEODeal, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  13. Brainshakers

Brainshakers Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media optimization gives you a social platform which really helps for branding and promotion of any business, Its all about focusing on generating traffic to website through Social media sites. On the other hand SEO helps in getting quality backlinks to any website so that the website can be more visible on search engines as well as gets high rank. It is also possible to get business leads by optimizing social media but it can not be used totally to optimize search engines.

Promoting a site with social media sites is a creative kind of work which is really effective and can get a remarkable result in doing promotion work for any website. But basic seo on page and off page techniques are necessary to make the site visible for search engines.

Brainshakers, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  14. annymarker

annymarker Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites are of great use because with the help of these you can get good visitors, share your information to appropriate people. This all helps you in getting traffic.

annymarker, Jul 26, 2010 IP