1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need good software/ book to write novel

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WriterWriter, Jul 22, 2010.

Hi. Has anybody tried a reliable software or guide book on writing fictional novel? Please recommend some. Thanks for helping.

WriterWriter, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  2. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    contentboss, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  3. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love the way they use a quote from the NYT that is nothing to do with them!!

I have to say, I have been doing this a long time and never heard of anyone who uses this.

Have you thought about a short writing course? And there are any number of books to choose from that will help you plan you book, plot and characters. Have a read on Amazon of the reviews.

iNET SEO, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  4. WriterWriter

WriterWriter Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both. I bought a book from J Bell, from Amazon and bought a writing course from WB, ages ago. Bell was good. I need more fundamental, more push/ motivated kind of material that can accompany me step by step.

WriterWriter, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  5. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, whilst able to write, it is all up here in my head and would take a short book on how to write just explain some of the principals :)

Maybe see if there are any actual writers forums that you canuse - or ask on Yahoo Answers - you can get some great info on there!

iNET SEO, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  6. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    The net is rammed with places where you can get decent advice on this kind of thing.
    Take a look at Ken Follett's Masterclass and Scott Berkun's How to Write a Book, for examples of the kind of guidance out there.
    Be aware that different approaches work differently for everyone, so it's likely you'll have to spend some time finding an approach or set of guidelines that work for you.
    I've also had a quick look at getplotted.com and to state that writing a novel is just three steps away is tantamount to stealing IMO. It's like saying that building your own house is only three steps away, getting permission, designing your house and building your house - see, easy...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    peejaydee, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get the best output, go by your own imagination. Following others rules to write a novel or any other book will limit your capability and probably you might end up performing lower than what you can perform with your talent. Don't limit yourself to the rules of others, rather create your own while writing.

Fictional novels essentially come out from such independent imaginative minds that don't necessarily follow others foot steps.

This is just the 2 Cents from me :)

mirisaamali, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  8. daceymathers

daceymathers Peon

Best Answers:
    There are various software that would be reliable for writing a novel but it depends on you that what you like?I can suggest you some software for novel writing like spacejock.This free novel writing software allows you to break your book into chapters.Second one is creative writing software which allows you to develop aspects of your story individually before bringing them together for the final product.Creative writing software allows you to develop aspects of your story individually before bringing them together for the final product.

daceymathers, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  9. daceymathers

daceymathers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mirisaamali,

I totally agree with you that one has to go with their own imagination for writing a novel but what i think is that one can take the idea from other books to represent their views because by taking other views one can create a much better and imaginative writing.

daceymathers, Apr 18, 2011 IP