1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about article submissions

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by dglass24, Jul 21, 2010.

When you submit your articles to article directories for link building, do you

1. submit the actual article on your website? or write up a new article and submit a new article with a link to the article on your website?

2. do you link to the articles on your website or do you link to the website homepage?

Thanks,

dglass24

dglass24, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  2. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is my answers to your questions:
    (1) As much as possible, write an article dedicated for article submission alone. Don not submit articles posted in your website.
    (2) In most case, when we link in an article directory, we link it in or homepage. Sometimes, we link it in a related articles in our website.

fr@nc!z, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  3. Sanghamitra

Sanghamitra Peon

Best Answers:
    I never submit the actual article on articles submission sites. I link to my website home page and also inner pages.

Sanghamitra, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  4. nicolasthun

nicolasthun Guest

Best Answers:
    I use different articles for the innerpages and the homepage. I think the homepage just needs to most link juice.

nicolasthun, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. paid-surveys

paid-surveys Member

Best Answers:
    write other articles

paid-surveys, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  6. kposs

kposs Member

Best Answers:
    1) If you're just focused on link building, I would use a rewritten version of the article from your site.
    2) It depends on which page you are trying to rank - link to the page you want to rank for the keyword you are using in the anchor text.

kposs, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. submit the actual article on your website? or write up a new article and submit a new article with a link to the article on your website?
    >>> i myself like to submit new articles to article directories. technically, you can post the article on your site and once its indexed, you can submit the same article to article directories. submitting a new article however is suggested

2. do you link to the articles on your website or do you link to the website homepage?
    >>> i myself dont like to link to the article from my site. if i need some backlinks to the article, i would do some social bookmarking, ping, and submit even more articles to different article directories linking ot the first one.

sultanofseo, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. dglass24

dglass24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm gonna have some free time this weekend so i'll probably try to write an article or two and submit them to some directories

dglass24, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  9. gborn

gborn Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, i submit an original article that sums up about eveything i've in my site.
    Most of the time i link to my home page.

gborn, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  10. chrkadmin

chrkadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    There are several opinions on this, but I always submit a handwritten original article to EZA. Depending on my technique, product, or test - I will either amass backlinks to the EZA article OR directly to the site (using some clever methods :) ). Over time I have found that the EZA article will rank better for more competetive keywords than any site I have every had. It's an excellent conduit. Just be prepared to work.

chrkadmin, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  11. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    If the goal is longtail traffic, submit to your own website. If the goal is more SE traffic through your keywords / main phrases then syndicate out with an anchor text back link linking back.

FlightCenter, Jul 23, 2010 IP