1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you buy a domain estibot value $29,000?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by zacatictac, Jul 21, 2010.

I don't know how accurate estibot is but i have found a .de domain that this is the estimated worth?

is it actually worth that much or is estibot full of sh*t?

30,627,000 Average Monthly Searches

zacatictac, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd never base an estimate engine on reality. The company I work for owns sites and domains with "estimated worths" of say $30,000 that are in reality worth six figures many times over and they also own ones "estimated" at $50,000+ that you'd be crazy to pay more than $2000 for.

What it always comes down to in business is what is it worth to YOU, because it's you who has to make a positive ROI on it in the end. We buy domains weekly for new projects at a price tag averaged out to probably $2500. They are worth that to "us" because they are easy to remember, targeted to the product and brandable which will inevitably be worth far more in as little as a few months with the strength of the product revenues being introduced.

What you also need to consider is that even if your investment appreciates significantly, how likely are you to find a buyer for your asking price in a reasonable time frame? You may get a steal of a price on a great domain you know should sell for more, but what are the chances you can find the right buyer quickly?

Kirsten, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  3. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Estibot's numbers are nonsense -- at best they provide a frame of reference. Some of the other data is useful and nicely packaged, but to buy a domain based around the Estibot "value" or any multiple thereof is not a good idea.

Frank

fm1234, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    If you knew how the estibot figures out it's values, you could game it. Probably a combo of alexa rank and such like.

contentboss, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. nicolasthun

nicolasthun Guest

Best Answers:
    With 30,627,000 Average Monthly Searches the Domain Name is of course not bad, but as long as we don't know the topic. There is no way to say how much worth the domain is. The Estibot Value isn't worth anything.

nicolasthun, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  6. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would rely on my intelligence to value a site based on its credentials... rather than some script dishing out astronomically high estimates!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  7. YoGem

YoGem Active Member

Best Answers:
    YoGem, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    estibot is good automated tool to bring your attention to particular name. Then you have to analyze it manually.

to my knowledge estibot does not take into account alexa ranking (which can be easily manipulated with cheap auto traffic)

atxsurf, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  9. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would buy the domain. Because registering it would cost me just $10, and I would probably sell it for at least $100 minimum :)

crumblepie, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  10. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Estibot is good to use for .com Domains in Englsih, but absolutely not accurate in ccTLD's and other languages than English.

AdamFL, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  11. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Estibot - and all automated appraisals are entirely worthless. No one should pay any attention to these BS prices. They only people who actively use them are domain sellers looking to give newbies an over-inflated price for their domains.

mjewel, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  12. cobraghostship

cobraghostship Peon

Best Answers:
    I would nt buy a .de How many exact searches?

cobraghostship, Aug 5, 2010 IP