1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding 50+ Unique Articles daily in a Brand New Site daily - Need Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by momi, Jul 18, 2010.

Hi,

I am starting a new website related to How-tos and Info about different topics. Like ehow.com or thefreedictionary.com.

The site will be started soon. The domain is newly registered and is not indexed in any search engine.

I have planned to start it with 100 unique posts. And then I'll add 50+ unique articles & infos in it on a daily basis.

Now, How does this effect SEO?

I mean, will Google (and yahoo, bing etc) index all my articles & posts on a daily basis or not?? Will they be able to find all my articles or not?

Should I decrease the number of daily new articles that will be added to my website???

Kindly, give me suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    momi

momi, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  2. jamesloo

jamesloo Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience so far, Google rarely index more than a couple of pages in one site a day.

jamesloo, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  3. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But there are sites where 100 or more new articles are added daily, and most of them are indexed in just 1 or 2 days by Google. I want to know if this is also true for new sites??

momi, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  4. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends really. I've had articles indexed within minutes. Hence if you blog search, you can search by timeframe, so I think it really depends on the content, if you already have pages indexed etc.

TheStopNetworks, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    You are new they (the big bad searchengines) wont send their bot every day to index your complete site again. You have to build up trust make a plan, work with steps defently the first three-six months. You have to show the SE's that you have on daily basis new content then they will crawl more often.

Example
    Step 1: week 1-4 1 article a day
    Step 2: week 5-6 2 articles a day
    Step 3: week 7-8 3 articles a day
    Step 4: week 9-10 5 articles a day
    Step 5: week 11-12 8 articles a day

Work it up in a curve:
    [​IMG]

dennisb, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  6. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the suggestion. I liked it a lot!

momi, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  7. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome.

What I didnt mention is the importance of backlinks, make sure every article has some backlinks on relevant quality sites with good anchor text. Keep in mind that you do this to promote your website what you shouldnt is spamming your website around, working a penalty away is very hard and time consuming. Beside the penalty issue the image of being a 'SPAMMER' can also keep visitors away.

You mentioned the posts are about info and how-to's, I suggest you at least bookmark them at sites as Digg.com. You wont win any extra ranking with it (due the noindex) but spiders will crawl such sites more often and will notice your new post, it can also help attract extra visitors.

So in short:
    1. build quality backlinks on relevant sites
    2. make sure you are on populair sites as Digg.com which are crawled more often.

Also a big mistake is starting with a totally 100% optimized website: dont over-optimize your website, work with a steps plan like with the posts earlier mentioned. SE's like improvements and changes, start with the basic and then build it up in lets say a year or so.

dennisb, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  8. freeseoguide

freeseoguide Guest

Best Answers:
    and if you want many pages to be indexed you need to have enough link juice, also to inner pages... what will google think about website with 2000 pages with only links pointing to ? :)

freeseoguide, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  9. johnk681

johnk681 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good aim, you also concentrate on link building strategy.

johnk681, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  10. Matthew0126

Matthew0126 Guest

Best Answers:
    the graph in 5# is significant..the unique articles should be completely written by yourself..can not copy even a paragraph

Matthew0126, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  11. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    post daily 1 to 2 articles in your website and bookmark them, also do strong off-page optimization for your website, I am sure that after 15 to 20 days bots will index your page whenever you add a single article. I have tested this technique and found great results

asghar.paracha, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  12. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dennisb again for suggestions. Thanks to others also for suggestions.

Does hyperlinking words in an article to other articles of your website has any effect on SEO and the speed of page indexing process??

momi, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  13. dvi

dvi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you do it properly. Don't worry about indexing, if you have unique and useful content - you will get visitors and SE attention, but if you use cloned and copy-pasted articles - then nothing good will happen and rankings will go down shortly.

dvi, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  14. Domenic Carlson

Domenic Carlson Peon

Best Answers:
    The more PR your website has, the faster it will be indexed. Google and other search engines love new content so post as much as you can as often as you can.

Just make sure it's original content. If it's copied then you might run into legal trouble and also the SEs will either not count it or ban your site completely.

Domenic Carlson, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  15. VedoMedia

VedoMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you have your site fully optimized for the new Google caffeine updates and all their SEO policies...

VedoMedia, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  16. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    READ THIS AND NOT THE SPAM ANSWERS:

The speed at which Google crawls your site depends roughly on the Page Rank (real, not toolbar) of your site. So there more and the better backlinks you have, the faster and more often, Google bot will crawl your page.

You will have to do some testing to see how much Google crawls every time it visits.

gocali2009, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  17. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mean that google bot will be refered to my website from the links I have on the other sites??? And this will result in fast indexing?

momi, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  18. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Yes he means that.

You have to build up trust by getting quality backlinks but also having good content. When your site is also SE friendly then it is just a mater of time..

@gocali2009: with spam (scams) you mean the links in your footer?

dennisb, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  19. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    since it is a new site, it will take some time to bring googlebot to the site to get the first set of articles indexed. i would suggest you to publish the first set of articles and then do some link building. check your server stat for googlebot and see how frequent googlebot visits your site. once you see googlebot visiting your site on a regular basis, you can start adding more articles.

posting 50 articles a day for a new site is a bit too much as for a new site, you will not have googlebot visit that often and once the articles move back to the inner/archived pages, it will be hard to get them indexed. so keep posting about 10 new articles per day and once the site is a bit matured and you find 10 articles each day getting indexed within 24 hour period, you can increase the volume slowly

sultanofseo, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  20. Vmtech

Vmtech Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on quality back links.

Vmtech, Jul 22, 2010 IP