1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should low price writing end?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 20, 2010.

This is an area where you input is appreciated. Profit Margins returns of $20 for every dollar spent are running rampant, there by hold prices back for decent writers. This is not exploitation, it is also corruption. Every in the days of slavery, workers were sheltered and fed. Is the guilt on both sides? Should I come in and buy out the lower market, eliminating low price sellers and buyers alike? What is your opinion? Should it just be ignored?

dyadvisor, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  2. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it should be ignored, but you will never get rid of it.

For example, if almost everyone said "OK, we will all write for a minimum of $20 per 500 words", then you will find those that were writing for $5 will get the business thereby driving everyone else's prices down again.

You will never get rid of it, but you do need to be able to sell your service and not compete for the 'scraps' as these have been referred to in other threads.

iNET SEO, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it can end, if the bottom gets knocked from under it, so even the penny pushers can't make a profit. So yes.

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  4. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see an end to it but cannot see it happening - unless someone really can knock the bottom out from it... but that is one helluva task!

5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I live for challenges :D I may just make this one my lives work :)

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  6. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do the penny pushers actually write properly?

parsibagan, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  7. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No they re-arrange words. They are word monkeys :D

Which is what you get when you pay peanuts :)

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  8. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! so removing them should not be too difficult. However, those who want monkeys can continue paying peanuts. :)

9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But preferably elsewhere. They have ruined DP's rep as a place for writers enough already.

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  10. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    InetSEO I do have the ability to do it and am already formulating the system. I am looking for opinion to proceed or not proceed in taking action. I can do this for a long enough time to have an impact. My concern is if we need the penny ante players, or let them go elsewhere. I do want those wanting to do so to improve, but this corruption is bothering me. People from all countries are being caught in this trap, allowing themselves to be exploited.

dyadvisor, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the core of the matter. They ALLOW themselves to be exploited. They can choose not to, so in a way they have the option not to be affected by it.

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  12. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, anything that can be one to rectify this will have my support :)

13. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    They were allowing themselves to be exploited because they saw no other alternative. But now that they have an option, there should be no excuse for them to stop slaving for peanuts. Even peanut has become costly in the aftermath of the global financial meltdown.

14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, so open the floodgates I say :)

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  15. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine this will end.

I think the best strategy is to continue to:
    1. improve your writing skills, and
    2. focus and spend more time pitching & pursuing a higher-paying customer base.

Pursuing more customers from the offline world might be one smart move. There are still people in the real world who don't have the skills or time to get all the stuff done online they'd like to try. They tend not to pinch you so as much on the price, so they're better customers to try getting.

Maybe as the writing quality online continues to decline -- along with the pay scale -- buyers will start getting desperate. Maybe they'll see that they're not able to compete with the $2 writers they've been using . . . and actually agree to pay closer to what a decent writer's time is worth.

jewel3000, Jul 20, 2010 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  16. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is an open market and thus anyone is free to set his prices. When you are spending $1/300 words article, you know what you are expecting (crap, spin, auto re-write articles). If you have high expectations, then expect to argue with the Writer and the deal won't end.

My opinion is to just ignore and discuss other things that has to do with self-improvement. Like how to create portfolio, promote it, get your first articles written....

omarabid, Jul 20, 2010 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  17. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    how would you 'end' it?

Take our contracts on anyone advertising hamburger articles? Go round their houses? Phone their Moms? :)

contentboss, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tempting :D But I think there are more effective means ;)

Flooding the market would be one of them.

Kraven2, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  19. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know who your question was directed to Content Boss? It really is not that hard if you have the finances. You simply take on everylow level, starting at the lower, let's say under $4.00 end. Take every order, and with 24 hours return an non PLR, buy fresh 100% original on the subject better than the penny pushers. The articles with combining techniques takes say 15 minutes to produce, at most. I return a higher level product, but mention the prices will be increasing and educate them why with facts and figures included. Maybe even 100% payment upfront.

The buyer sees an uplifting in sales, so complies. Then I might take it up to the $6.00 article level until the market stabilizes. I can give the buyer the choice a poor writer under me to write it or a higher quality. I Include advice on BIO Box, internal links in the content, free giveaways, facts about certain article directory limitations,etc.

Then this would up the opportunity for those that want to earn and learn.I would appreciate any comments In my current blog at the main heading section, to show their opinion, as it will count more there. But please also leave me you opinion is here. I am strong willed and intent to go ahead, unless this corruption and exploitation is not stopped by the powers above.

dyadvisor, Jul 21, 2010 IP