1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggeation for google redirect

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by intellg, Jul 19, 2010.

Hi I have two website namely janitorialserviceinseattle.com and apollojanitorialservices.com in google cache system I have redirect janitorialserviceinseattle.com to apollojanitorialservices.com/ but I have promoted janitorialserviceinseattle.com

Now both urls are in google cache system and ranking shown for this site janitorialserviceinseattle.com

Now tell me what should I do to solve this issue. I want ranking for both site. Moderator sorry if I have posted at wrong place.

intellg, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a mod! :D don't worry you've posted on the right forum.

I have checked janitorialserviceinseattle . com and it doesn't redirect to your other URL. What redirection have you implemented? or have you implemented any redirection at all? Both websites is also the same, or in other words a mirror domain. Having mirror domains will really suck in rankings and can sometimes result to being penalised or in worst cases, removed from Google's index depending on the issues.

I suggest that you only choose one domain among the two since they both have the same in almost everything and permanently redirect the other URL to the URL you are want to rank for and have all SEO done to that website.

Grimm, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Grimm said, there is NO redirect in place. Both domains render the same content which is not good. 301 redirecting each web page on your old domain to the URL on the new domain whose content most closely resembles the content found at the old URL will transfer credit for all inbound links to the old URL over to the new URL.

I see that your old domain is hosted on Apache/Red Hat Linux. As such, you have access to Mod_Rewrite for implementing your redirects. Assuming that ALL URLs on your new site are the same as ALL URLs on your old site (which appears to be the case - they are mirror sites), simply add the following to the .htaccess file located in the root folder of your old web:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

RewriteRule (.*) http://www.apollojanitorialservices.com/$1 [R=301,L]

This will 301 redirect all requests for any URL on the old site over to the equivalent URL on the new site.

You have URL canonicalization issues with both of your sites. You should also add the following to the .htaccess in the root folder of your new site to eliminate your canonicalization issues:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^apollojanitorialservices\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.apollojanitorialservices.com/$1 [R=301,L]

NOTE: You will have to leave the 301 redirects in place indefinitely (which means you will have to keep hosting the old domain) if you want the new site to continue getting credit for links to the old site.

Also, you WILL see a drop in rankings and traffic temporarily when Google detects the 301 redirects and transfers credit for inbound links to the new site. You have to wait for them to recrawl ALL inbound links to your site before your rankings and traffic will return. So do not be alarmed. It's a natural part of the process...

Canonical, Jul 19, 2010 IP
    manish.chauhan likes this.