1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Dumb Rule

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EvanP, Jul 19, 2010.

1. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Good point but.... what will stop some moron to setup bot with 60 seconds delay?

You probably never used Directories Forum and tried to read thread with 20 thank you posts

;)

fastreplies

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    fastreplies, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You joined *today*... you already have 93 posts, and hope they'll reduce the time on reports because after you hit the button, write a reasonably intelligent report, hit send, then locate the *next* one you need to report... the remaining portion of 1 minute is just too long?

Newsflash, Junior: Every time you hit that button it sends alerts to multiple individuals. Yours obviously needs to be disabled.

Quit being a brat. Now go finish your danged happy meal and quit bothering the big kids.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    robjones, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea thats is your opinion, now here is mine.

I think that they should rename this thread "Dumb User", and then close it and go through you post count and infract you for just about every small rule you have broken over your 24hour spurt on this forum... :rolleyes:

ChrisMiller, Jul 19, 2010 IP
    fastreplies likes this.
  4. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for that idea :D I've seen a few of your posts, FacebookMaster, and I haven't bothered reporting them. I suggest you read the rules again. :)

bk871, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  5. rob110492

rob110492 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is quite silly..

rob110492, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  6. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the member is someone who had an DP account in past not sure but it seems so to me. :rolleyes:

Serious Workers, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  7. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, because someone using it will know that many things! A new user won't bother about those things! :p

Digital_shubhi, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  8. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I don't know why you've started abusing me, this was just a simple suggestion as it gets a bit annoying when you see like 10-15 posts in a thread saying, "thanks dude", and you have to wait a minute in between reporting each one. Just seems a little weird to me. And I haven't reported your posts that are abusing me, and I won't, but I'm just asking for a little more respect, please. :)

Just because I'm experienced with vBullentin and know how to use a report system, doesn't mean I have another account on this forum.

EvanP, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Trouncing in to tell the admin it isnt set up the way you'd like it on day one isnt how to get it. Respect is earned, not given.

Many of us moderate other forums, and where I work if you sent 15 reports instead of ONE saying the thread needed to be checked for spam, we'd toss you for being too dumb to use the report system properly. If you really think waiting a minute between reports is a hardship, seriously... go find a nice ADD medication and leave the button alone.

btw - That isnt "abuse", that's sound advice that might save your login.

robjones, Jul 20, 2010 IP
    Serious Workers likes this.
  10. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay, if I'm going to be getting abuse for this suggestion, I will just leave the feature alone and leave others to report it. :)

Moderators, please lock as I'm not willing to receive anymore abuse.

EvanP, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You aren't getting abuse, you're getting reality. Sorry it isn't popular where you come from, but it's still reality.

robjones, Jul 20, 2010 IP
    bk871 likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The bigger issue is vBulletin ties that timeout to the ability to use the email user function (don't ask me why). So lowering the ability to report posts to 5 seconds, also lowers the timeout needed for spammers to email users from their profile.

digitalpoint, Jul 20, 2010 IP