1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to focus on Generic and Geo keywords!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by subburajacmic, Jul 19, 2010.

I want to focus on my website for generic keywords and geo keywords. Which is first i can focus? Generic keywords or Geo keywords.

subburajacmic, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  2. quantikev

quantikev Peon

Best Answers:
    This decision is reached by deciding which are your primary keywords, and your secondary keywords?

In other words, are generic or geographic (local) keywords more important to you? To me you answered your own question by use of the term 'generic': you should almost always optimize for the most relevant keywords - hence, local search. Put others in secondary locations such as image titles, link titles, urls, content body.

quantikev, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. jenyhil

jenyhil Peon

Best Answers:
    Generic Keywords or generic search terms are the most important elements for any website. Identifying the right search terms that precisely describe the theme of a website is very important for the success of any website.

jenyhil, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  4. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    start geo targeted. this could create a local buzz if you do it right. then go slowly to Generic Keywords

Giamatti, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  5. HighRollerT

HighRollerT Guest

Best Answers:
    Always go for geo...depending on your niche large volume generic keywords are hard to rank for

HighRollerT, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  6. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    As everyone said, going local first could help Google sink it's teeth into your location for your services. There are many good resources on the web for local search SEO so you may want to start by looking that up. They will tell you to get links from other area sites and to build up citations for your business listing on Google. Other tips are to include your address on your site so it is on every page too. Make sure that address matches your Google business listing exactly.

That's not to say you can not start preparing your final list of keywords for your SEO efforts in the future.

Brad Callen, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  7. johnk681

johnk681 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Geo Keywords is perfect for you.

johnk681, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  8. subburajacmic

subburajacmic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I plan to use generic keywords for my website. I hope to get good result.

subburajacmic, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  9. webuyhousecash1

webuyhousecash1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Better start with generic keywords. That will give you more business.

webuyhousecash1, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  10. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Although it will most likely bring more traffic it does not mean more business. Often geographical targeting can do very well with conversions for several reasons. "Generic keywords" are going to be more difficult to rank for as well as there will be many more people competing for them.

Brad Callen, Jul 20, 2010 IP