1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexing issue with Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by StacyMichelle, Jul 1, 2010.

First, let me start by admitting that I'm a beauty expert and not really a web/techo geek and I have been referred to this forum by some geeks and I really hope I would get some good answers.

I have a new blog (1 month old) and it was indexed by google and yahoo. While both google and yahoo indexed all 10 posts that my blog had, for some reason, yahoo dropped 6 out of 10 posts.

I was getting traffic from yahoo on these posts (these 6 posts are older) but suddenly yahoo dropped these posts from its index.

How do I get these posts indexed by yahoo again ?

I tried social book marking, forum posts, yahoo site map submission, yahoo website submission but nothing is working.

If you do (site:http://bodyscrubworld.com) in google and yahoo, you will see the difference.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated by me. I'm not a SEO geek and I would really appreciate your guidance, help, suggestions.

StacyMichelle, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. danielchloe

danielchloe Peon

Best Answers:
    Add all your websites blog here : https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com
    It is for yahoo sitemap. You can submit your xml sitemap here.

This will surely help you to get index on yahoo. hope this would help you. thanks

danielchloe, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. pwittaya

pwittaya Peon

Best Answers:
    try submit in yahoo network such as yahoo answer ,buzz yahoo , mybloglog

pwittaya, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  4. rebornishard

rebornishard Peon

Best Answers:
    this is your answer, after you add yourself , yahoo will start indexing :)

rebornishard, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  5. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your website is crawled by Yahoo and its removed now, You should make backlinks fro it to return it to previous situation. I suggest you article submission and social bookmarking.

haveseo, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  6. StacyMichelle

StacyMichelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Though I'm new to SEO and webmarketting and a completely no technical person but I found article submission and social bookmarking to be completely useless. I tried all popular social bookmarks (submitted to 20+ dofollow bookmarks) and all popular article websites but neither google nor yahoo ever followed any article backlink or social bookmarking link. All my posts got indexed by only one way - creating rss feed through icerocket and submitting that feed to popular rss aggregator such as rssedge.

Did this 2 weeks ago (as soon as yahoo dropped 6 posts from its index) but so far yahoo didn't bother to crawl back.

Any help would be highly appreciated. It is extremely difficult for a non technical person to navigate the complicated world of SEO.

If any of you geeks have a blog that is frequently visited by yahoo, can you please add my website's xml site map to it : "http://bodyscrubworld.com/Sitemap.xml"

Nothing is working to get 6 posts indexed back. Google indexed all 10 posts long back. Not sue why yahoo dropped 6 posts from its index and not crawling back to my site at all.

Submitted a question in yahoo answers but since I'm in level 1, I'm not allowed to post a link.
    Submitted to buzz yahoo, do not know what happened to the buzz post (since buzz posts do not show up immediately) but so far it didn't help.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    StacyMichelle, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  7. FullSeo

FullSeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might have over-optimisation. It's hard to give you any advice without seen the site.

FullSeo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  8. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    add your website to yahoo explorer , make backlinks for it to be indexed faster and improve your ranking on all search engines including yahoo .

haveseo, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  9. StacyMichelle

StacyMichelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Please go and visit my site (url is given in the post and tell me what is over optimized).

All done. However, it is not working.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    StacyMichelle, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  10. danielchloe

danielchloe Peon

Best Answers:
    After adding your site to yahoo, you must verify it by adding the meta tag given by yahoo sitemap. This meta tag must be uploaded to your source page of home page. then only it will start indexing.

danielchloe, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  11. StacyMichelle

StacyMichelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Done as well.

Can anyone tell me any new trick ?

StacyMichelle, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  12. Oyaye

Oyaye Peon

Best Answers:
    in average, how long will it take for yahoo to index the new site? and will it take a long time to rank for a non-competitive keyword?

Oyaye, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. StacyMichelle

StacyMichelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo indexed my site in 24 hours but then drop some posts from its index. I'm not able to index those pages back. Any help would be appreciated.

StacyMichelle, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  14. guamnetwork

guamnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo site explorer, mybloglog and buzz are great for getting your sites indexed.

guamnetwork, Jul 18, 2010 IP