1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monetizing your blog using Kontera?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by slymarketing, Jul 2, 2010.

I'm just wondering if you have any experience using Kontera?

Thanks.

- Jens

slymarketing, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  2. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They accept websites hardly. I dint know what are their conditions for accepting sites as publisher.
    I think beauty of publisher's website is more important from traffic for them.

haveseo, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  3. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest Infolinks over Kontera personally. :)

Dean_Saliba, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  4. DavidWolfman

DavidWolfman Peon

Best Answers:
    There is more than few alternatives to Kontera but some of them have really obnoxious ways to advertise and plain ugly. Some ads also load forever before you can see them and IMHO create negative overall user experience.

DavidWolfman, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  5. cohenj88

cohenj88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jens,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. I'll happily give you a brief overview of our In-Text ad network ;)

The first thing that's sets us apart from our competition is our Contextual Technology, an algorithm that instead of just scanning for keywords can actually read your webpages for meaning. This added level of targeted relevancy is how we can provide you with higher CTR and better CPC ads for your content.

Also setting us apart is our exclusive ad inventory. As David alluded to, unlike competitors Kontera doesn't feature ugly or obnoxious ads, instead featuring such respected brands as Microsoft, HP, L'Oreal, Domino's Pizza, National Geographic, Blackberry, Kmart, and more. These premium, often Rich media ads are the most attractive to site visitors, offer the best possible CPC, and can only be found on the Kontera network.

In terms of our publishers, we're currently offering new publishers a 70% revenue share which is the best rate in the industry. We're also offering new publishers a $50 bonus if they get at least 25,000 U.S. page views during their first 30 days on the network. Additionally, we recently lowered our minimum payout threshold from $100 to $50 across all payout methods, so you'll see that revenue sooner as well.

cohenj88, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  6. cohenj88

cohenj88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi haveseo,

If you're interested in learning what are conditions for accepting publishers are, you can read our Publisher Guidelines.

There's nothing addressing website beauty specifically, but stuff like there being text with original content, that the site not be "under construction", and uses English as the primary language are important.

cohenj88, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  7. nerrutis

nerrutis Peon

Best Answers:
    so kontera or infolinks is better?

nerrutis, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  8. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which is better probably boils down to which merchants are right for your site.

tuksdrr, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. ssdear

ssdear Active Member

Best Answers:
    BTW can't we use Kontera and infolinks together?

ssdear, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  10. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    very bad experience, too low money per click, slow page loading... and that's coming from someone who have earned several hundred dollars from kontera, which should have easily been several thousand if i had got good CPC.

lol, they accept pretty much any decent site/blog,

Yep, me too, personally :)

love the support people posting here, while i remember i had to wait for months to get a reply from them when i had emailed the support...

usually CTR is good with intext, but the CPC is really poor, and am sure many here will agree with me :)

This sounds good, nice to hear that kontera values visitors interest and i would be happy to send my visitors to big brands, but if kontera's inventory is such good then why is the CPC so poor? i know, you would say niche/keywords/content/visitors origin etc... being a webmaster for 6 years now, i know what's a low CPC and what's a good one :)

again this is something new, hope it helps... i am still to see a regular everyday blogger to talk good about kontera's CPC...

Infolinks, i would say, though nothing beats adsense

good to see the competition, that makes the publisher happy with more options to display ads from, just work on your loading speed and old publishers are mostly smart priced or something... so perhaps you can work on that and make it fair for all publishers,

no, that is not possible, because these providers want exclusivity of the in-text inventory of your website.

uttoransen, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  11. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    did you see they offer $50 bonus if you can reach 25,000 US views first month?

atxsurf, Jul 18, 2010 IP