1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help. Paypal limited my account when I tried to withdraw my money today.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by cypher_zero, Jun 27, 2010.

Today I tried to withdraw my money from my paypal account to my bank account. But, after a few moments, I received the following email from Paypal:

Notification of Limited Account Access ******

Dear *********,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account.

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Reference Number: ************

For your protection, we have limited access to your account until additional security measures can be completed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution Centre. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal by visiting the Help Centre and clicking "Contact Us".

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
    Code (markup):
    After receiving this email, I logged into my account and was taken through the steps for verifying my account again, starting from providing my bank account details, changing my password and security questions, verifying my email address, etc., which I did.

Upon completion of these steps, I found my withdrawal request reversed and certain amount was also deducted from my Paypal balance. :mad:

The methods that were asked for to remove the limitation from my verified Paypal account are as follows:

• Confirm your credit card
    If you'd prefer, there are alternative ways to provide information:
    • Confirm your bank account
    • Provide copy of credit card statement
    • Provide copy of photo ID

Now, since I am not having any credit card, so I tried "confirm your bank account" option which took me to Add/Edit Bank Account under Profile settings and didn't provide me with any means to confirm my bank accounts. :confused:

Now only one option is left that is Provide copy of photo ID. Can anyone help me with the info about what documents are considered as valid photo ID?

I am from India and is having a verified Paypal account. I have done successful withdrawal previous month.

Thanks...

cypher_zero, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  2. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you phone them ?

It will quicker, and save your time also :)

dom19, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  3. cypher_zero

cypher_zero Peon

Best Answers:
    But making international calls from my mobile is very expensive... :(

I have emailed them but haven't got any reply yet.. How do people use skype to call paypal? Is it free?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  4. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are Paypal tollfree numbers
    1-888-221-1161/1-888-204-4481
    Call them by Skype.ITs free.

clbyodo, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  5. cypher_zero

cypher_zero Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the numbers, I will call them today. Hope they will remove the limit from my account. :)

6. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,you provide all proofs hey are asking for and your limitations will be removed within 24 hours.Good luck.

clbyodo, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  7. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    was it your first withdrawal? was the amount 100$+?

abhijit, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  8. Hmmm..

Hmmm.. Peon

Best Answers:
    You can provide a copy of Passport, Photographic Drivers Licence or PAN card as a photo ID proof.

Hmmm.., Jun 27, 2010 IP
  9. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where is your location ?

You will able to find one for your local phone number in there website :)

dom19, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  10. cypher_zero

cypher_zero Peon

Best Answers:
    No, this is my second withdrawal. Yes it is $100+. My first withdrawal was $200+.

Thanks, I have both PAN and drivers license. I will scan them and upload.

BTW, I liked your signature! :)

As I have told already, I am in India... I couldn't find any local support numbers.. :(

Thanks again! I too hope that being a verified user, they will remove the limitation from my account soon..

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  11. amassaia

amassaia Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they restore access to your account but they can decline legitimate documents. I had sent them my SS Card, license, and everything else and they still "felt uncomfortable allowing me to continue using their site". Hopefully they will not place their 180 day freeze on you.

amassaia, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  12. cypher_zero

cypher_zero Peon

Best Answers:
    I am lucky, they accepted my documents and restored my account without any problems :)

Thanks to dom19, Hmmm.., clbyodo, and williamkarter for their help and guidance. :)

cypher_zero, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  13. tuba

tuba Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats! nice to hear, then providing original documents paypal is good for good people :)

tuba, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  14. dkln555a

dkln555a Peon

Best Answers:
    Once if they have restored our account, is there any possibility for it to be getting limited again?

dkln555a, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  15. cakka

cakka Member

Best Answers:
    @cypher_zero
    wow.. glad to hear your problem have been solved :)

cakka, Jul 18, 2010 IP