1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strongest Brands - Free submissions accepted for registered businesses

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Bernard, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Launching a new project here:

Strongest Brands - Business Directory

This directory is for registered businesses - LLCs, Corp.s, Inc.s, etc. If your site does not mention a business name, it probably does not belong in this directory (there are few exceptions).

Free submissions will always be accepted. There are no featured or sponsored listings. All submissions are processed in turn.

However, even though free submissions are accepted, listings are sorted according to the site's Strength Rank (SR) which loosely corresponds to how much a company has invested in the directory. See the submission page for details.

The category structure was built from scratch and has a lot of room to grow. We didn't want hundreds of empty categories, so we will be actively adding new cats as submissions warrant. So, if you don't see an appropriate low level cat for your business, you can submit to the lowest upper level cat that makes sense and our editors will add new cats as necessary.

For those who are still reading (and didn't just click the link at first sight to submit sites without bothering to understand this directory's quirks), up to 3 deep links are allowed in the description field. Don't waste this opportunity by pissing off the editors with all keyword titles or horribly written descriptions. A listing here is a reflection on your company.

Bernard, Sep 23, 2006 IP
    irka likes this.
  2. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you open an “Internet Promotion” category. I really like the concept of the 1SR=$1. You are you PHPLD Script?

! Ask !, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  3. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Internet Promotion = SEM (Search Engine Marketing)

Yes, the directory is using a phpld as the base script (obviously, it's been modified a bit). :)

Bernard, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    SEM and Internet Marketing are not exactly the same thing :D at least on my view
    Submitted Ask Directory , just move to the category you think it’s more appropriated.
    I hate! the validation code better to simplify it or lose it.

! Ask !, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  5. Bernard

Best Answers:
    Point taken and category adjusted accordingly. :)

Bernard, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  6. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    My .2 cents charge at least $1 you will have 70% less submissions of crappy sites and will save you hours of editing work.

! Ask !, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  7. Bernard

Best Answers:
    Non-compliance with the title guideline is easily weeded out in bulk deletions from the editing panel, so this shouldn't be too big of a problem. But as this one is just getting off the ground, we have a bit more patience to process sites that soon won't get a second look. It's just shocking how poorly some businesses rate themselves to whore out their listings with really crappy titles.

Bernard, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  8. Bernard

Best Answers:
    90% of submissions that were rejected so far were because there was no indication on the site that it represented a real company.

Bernard, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  9. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice idea. It even prompted me to add company details to our site, which I never bothered to do before but makes good sense. I submitted to recreation but travel probably deserves its own heading.

Cheers and good luck

Rasputin, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  10. Bernard

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Adding company details to your site will likely help improve conversions/sales as people know they are not dealing with a fly-by-night operator or kid. It helps with credibility.

For now, we have travel related sites organized under hospitality. Your submission was accepted and moved to the correct category. :)

Bernard, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  11. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    can you add an insurance category someplace? plz pm me when you do. I'll be submitting my company's main site which is a medium sized multi-national.

klown, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  12. Bernard

Best Answers:
    I added it under Money for you. FYI for the future:
    We don't mind right now if submissions don't fit the categories exactly. Maybe when the category structure gets more defined we'll prosecute wrong category submissions with dmoz like zeal, but we're not there yet. :D

Bernard, Sep 26, 2006 IP
    klown likes this.
  13. Bernard

Best Answers:
    Is that it? I guess most DPers are operating without a real business then?

For all the claims of annoucements here generating 600+ submissions, I have to say getting <60 from here was a bit surprising.

Bernard, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  14. Bernard

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to give a public shout out to creationz for doing a great job designing the directory logo. Thanks!

Bernard, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  15. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice logo, nice directory, i am already listed, You don’t have a loot of listings, almost all sites are individual owned. :)

! Ask !, Oct 15, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.