1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

* $100 Famous Contest - 48hr Web Design: Green! *

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by oneawesomeguy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sounds great deebong. I always love your work.

I have been getting bad at the whole invitation thing so today I created a DP group for people who want to be notified about my contests. Anyone can join: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/group.php?groupid=465

oneawesomeguy, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  2. jnjnnino

jnjnnino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    this is just a quick mock up, a massive change can be applied on the time span.. thanks

FULL VIEW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    jnjnnino, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  3. Dante777

Dante777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Dante777, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  4. CGdesigns

CGdesigns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    after your invitation I was hoping to submit. Running out of time and design not half done yet. Let me know if you want it submitted. I can do mods later this afternoon.

~ CGd

CGdesigns, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  5. CGdesigns

CGdesigns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Have to go out so cannot finish my mock up

[​IMG]

If you wish for me to continue please let me know :)

~ CGd

CGdesigns, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  6. bizzard

bizzard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    oops... i like in this contest, but i Running out of time i think! maybe next time :)

bizzard, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  7. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay guys the contest is officially closed for new entries. If you are currently working on an entry (bizzard, deebong, etc.), please post it here.

I have been up all night waiting for this contest so it is about time for me to sleep. I will review all entries with a clear head when I awake. In the mean time, feel free to submit revisions. I will, as always, write up complete comments on all the designs and allow at least 24 hours for changes before I award the winner.

Thanks guy!

oneawesomeguy, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. homeworker11

homeworker11 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Pretty coooool :)
    Saw some fr8 talent here :)

homeworker11, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  9. getadviced

getadviced Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i was working on the design, hope you consider my design also.

[​IMG]

getadviced, Jul 15, 2010 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.
  10. adarshnet

adarshnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sigh....I was late....

adarshnet, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  11. leetsooc

leetsooc Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  12. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys,

deebong contacted me explaining his situation and why he was unable to submit an entry before the deadline. His reasons seem legitimate so I will make a one-time exception for him to submit an entry here as I have not yet posted my official comments.

Speaking of my official comments, I am writing them up now and will be posting them on here as soon as I am finished. I have also shown all the designs to the website owner (he will be deciding the winner with a little help from me) and have given him a deadline to choose a winner by next Wednesday the latest. This will be my future policy with my contests: if the winner is not decided by then, I will make the decision :) Yay no more super-long contests!

oneawesomeguy, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  13. CGdesigns

CGdesigns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is how its going. Im going to do the other pages today :)

[​IMG]

Feedback pls

CGdesigns, Jul 16, 2010 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.
  14. deebong

deebong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    deebong, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  15. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I must say I am most impressed with the designs I have seen in this entry. You guys do not make my job of selecting a winner easy... So here are my notes and thoughts as always:

== Notes on Designs ==

leetsooc: Wow, your design efforts in this contest were really great. I love the simplicity and minimalism of your first design. Everything you created after, added a great deal to the design. My only comment is this: I loved where you started the design from. The minimalism, professionalism, and organisation of this entry makes it my current favourite. (I also loved the cool background image.) Thank you for including designs for each page even though it was not required; it allowed me to see how your design would look as a full website. Your last entry/revision creates more structure for the design (a big plus for corporate websites such as this). Personally, I liked the minimalism and use of white of your previous entry more. :)

MrPeters: Thank you also for including all the pages of the website in your entry and for removing the grunge background from your great design. This is not required or expected, but does help me make a decision. I personally love the colours you use in your design. The lime green-black combo is my favourite though it does not fit in as well with what this company wants. They are looking for a mainly white website with some green similar to the ones I posted. Your design is minimalistic which is perfect, but some of the elements (e.g., advertisements) could still be removed to make the design more relevant.

ZinniDoll: Great to see you in another one of my contests! I love the image you guys are using for the product. It matches well with the greens of the company logo. I did not like the dark green text for the main text paragraph content--felt as it was a little too much green. Maybe grey would look better there? I loved your background images and use of some blue font. There is no need for a search bar for such a small website as this. I feel as there is something missing from your design. I feel as this stems from the gray in the menu and boarders and lack of visuals (images). Let me know what you think!

vinpkl: I loved your entries in this contest and all your revisions! I loved the stock images you used, but preferred the first entry without the hand stock image to the right. I felt as two images in the header was too much and preferred the more minimalistic design. I loved the colours you used. The light blue, white, and green combined very well. I did not like the leaves next to the headers. I liked how you highlighted the main product with a little border. I liked your use of the image from the Flash file, but preferred the header in your first entry with less going on (more minimalistic/simple). I did not like the grey background in the header. I felt as the grey colour dulls the page. Something seems to be missing from the menu. I think it could use a little touch-up to make it stand out more. Great job!

amir_daman: Loved the design, but may not be the best for a corporate website as it is. The dark blue, strong green, and grey-white gradient appear to be more of the colours you would see in a professional blog. The layout of your design is perfect, probably the best in the contest. If you add more white and remove some of the shocking blues and greens seen in the banner and top part of the page, I think you have a great design. Great job!

JR: Thanks for your entry. I love it when you enter my contests! You have been with me since the beginning of my contests. I did not like the dark green, the leaf bullet points, the background gradients, and the sliver/green slogan style. I loved the lighter green colour used in the menu and header boarder. I loved the little map box. Loved the idea of just having images in the product line section. I really liked your design of the latest news section with lots of white space. I liked the design of the newsletter sign-up, though we will probably not have a newsletter sign up in the website. Really nice job, JR!

Dante777: Thanks for your entry. I liked your use of the government logo in black with a description under it. I did not like the menu design so much. I want to see more light colours and a lot of white for the design. I did not like the different radii for the borders in the About and Products sections. The logo and menu placement and your overall layout is great.

getadviced: Very professional design! I am most impressed. I see you also used leaves in your news section. Everyone in this contest really likes leaves :) I like them too, but let's get rid of them for things like bullet points. For the record, your leaves look the best. I really liked how you used the company name in two-different colours when using normal fonts (just like the logo). I liked your Our Products section on the right. Any way to add a little description text to that? I loved your headers on the left. I liked the colour of the font for the main text as well. The main paragraph text could use a little bit of organization, however. Things like paragraph spacing and margins can go a long way! Minus the leaves, I really liked your recent news section. The footer could use a little improvement to make it stick out more. The header image and text, logo, and menu look just about perfect. I loved the header image. You may want to add little pipes (|) between the menu items or more spacing to make sure they are separated enough. Lastly, I did not like the notebook-style background. Well, I did like it, but did not like it for this website. I think it would look great for a college website or a blog, but not for a business site. A lot of comments for your to digest. I liked your design a lot!

CGdesigns: Loved your design. Your first unfinished design was pretty good, but your next entry was even better. The only thing I probably did not like was the bright lime green colour. If the colour could be dulled down just a little bit, I think it would look better. What I liked the most about your design: it is simple and does not try to add a bunch of text or unnecessary features. This is what I wanted. Nice design!

deebong: Great that you finally made it! ;) I loved your use of colour in the regular paragraph text. Also, just a quick aside: I like how you actually make your entry a "website" viewable in a browser. It helps me see what the website will actually look like in the proper proportions. I don't think there is any need for the free quotation button. I loved how you divided the main content into three sections horizontally. Your section about the product was perfect. The best of all the entries. I loved your use of the learn more buttons. The bottom content (about, management, products) look really great too. I did not like the little icons so much. The last one on the right looks good, but the first too look a little cheesy with their 3D effects. Your footer is beautiful! Finally, the two things I am unsure if I really like or not: the menu design and the scrolly thing at the top right of the page. Your design is surely one of the best. Great job!

== Next? ==

What happens next? You guys have at least until Monday to make revisions. I will have a decision for you either on Tuesday or Wednesday. You can make revisions until I select a winner.

Tip: Read my suggestions for other entries to see if there is anything else you can improve.

What to be informed of my future contests? Join this DP group: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/group.php?groupid=465

oneawesomeguy, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  16. CGdesigns

CGdesigns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    more this tone of green ?

The lime green came from the "Large Logo"

[​IMG]

Revised footer

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    CGdesigns, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  17. getadviced

getadviced Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    will make the changes, I was in a hurry, so didn't get enough time for menu and all .
    Thanks for comments

getadviced, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  18. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    CGdesigns: Wow, these colours are so much better. I love your design! The revised footer look great as well!

I will answer your question from the PM here:

There will be no need to design the internal pages. The contest is just for the homepage :) Some people choose to design the internal pages which I really appreciate, but it will not have an effect on who is selected the winner.

oneawesomeguy, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  19. Dante777

Dante777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  20. amir_daman

amir_daman Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller: