1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Way to Promote Flash Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rajeevranjan, Jul 14, 2010.

Hi There,

I Want to know your views to promote my Flash Website. Please give me few optimization tips, so that i can improve my website SERP.

Thanks

rajeevranjan, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  2. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    off-page seo. sand try to place some metatags on all your pages, google cant read flash sites so they will apear like blank pages.

Giamatti, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  3. AutoViralMoney

AutoViralMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing and SEO is the best way to promote your site.
    You can submit your articles to social bookmark can hel incease traffic.

AutoViralMoney, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  4. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For Off-page optimization you can follow proven techniques and for on page optimization you need to post content using embedded code, it will help you

asghar.paracha, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  5. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    Rewrite the entire site in HTML LOL. While Google and some other search engines can now read the text inside of your SWF, Flash still has HUGE issues when it comes to rankings. Matt Cutts said to me in person at the 2008 PubCon that even though Google can now index the content of Flash sites it will be at least 10 years before they begin ranking well, and an HTML equivalent site will ALWAYS outrank the same site done in Flash.

The biggest problem with Flash is that if you build an entire site in Flash, even if there "appears" to be 50 pages inside the Flash... it appears to the engines as a single URL. Imagine an HTML site with 50 pages... Each page has its own URL. Each page has it's own on-page ranking elements like <title>, <h1>, <h2>s, etc. Each page typically has content focused on a single keyword phrase (maybe 2-3 if they are very similar).

Then imagine the same 50 page site implemented in a single Flash file linked to from the home page. It has ONE URL for the entire site. It has ONE <title> (that of the home page). It typically has no <h1>s, no <h2>s, etc. Because the engines seen it as a single URL, all 50 page's worth of content are totally diluted (approx. 50 fold) because all 50 pages worth of content get indexed under the same URL. So your keyword densities generally become 1/50th of what they would be as individual pages.

Think of what a TERRIBLE user experience it is if some page 3 levels deep in the Flash DID somehow manage to rank for its targeted keyword phrase. When the user clicks on the link in the SERPs they will NOT be taking to that page 3 levels deep in the Flash SWF. They will be taken to the Flash home page. You have to "hope" that the user can somehow click around the site and stumble onto the actual content that caused the Flash site to rank.

Because of this and many other reasons, you are primarily limited to using off-site optimization (inbound links to the home page and their associated link text) to make it rank.

Yes. There are "hacks" to help a Flash site rank such as having each page on your site be a separate SWF and have all of the navigation in HTML... Or maintaining an almost exact copy of the site in HTML and allowing users (more specifically, crawlers) to crawl the HTML version. But why? You doubled your work effort every time you make a change to the site.

99% of Flash sites are created in Flash because the designer thinks it's cool to work in Flash. Unless there is some "effect" that you absolutely HAVE to have to get customers to convert on the site then you are better off building your site in HTML. 99% of the time you CAN build an almost identical site in HTML. Flash is okay when used in moderation to create a small component like an ad for a site, but building sites completely in Flash is just suicidal from an SEO perspective.

social-media, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. Hussy

Hussy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For promote any web site maybe social networking is very Impotent Simple way !

Hussy, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should seriously think about creating an HTML version of the site and allow your visitors to switch between HTML or Flash versions. Not only it will help with SEO, it will help visitors with slower internet connections and/or bad browsers to see your site.

jitendraag, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. adultseo

adultseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree... Thats the most practical solution. Flash sites look good.. but are hatted by search engines.

adultseo, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  9. mindboxseo

mindboxseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

The success of a website or more specifically a web page depends on the links that come in. Inbound links bring in the traffic. These links could either be a direct reference mention on any blog, a social networking site, article submission directories or anywhere else. Else they could also be anchor text with links to the page.

mindboxseo, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    i had often heard people saying that flash websites are worthless as they are hatted by search engines.
    For a long term i had worked for flash websites and i personally feel that optimizing a flash website is no more a big task if you craete two pages
    HTML page - for search engines
    Flash page - simply to drag traffic
    Example - http://nalinproducts.biz/

jacuzzi, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  11. joesmith

joesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some some directories for CSS and flash designed websites submit your site there. They are good at providing traffic.

joesmith, Jul 17, 2010 IP