1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The three month google visit of the regular crawl ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by james-covert, Jul 15, 2010.

Hello, i'm a bit confused after surfing a few forums as to when exactly ranking with regards to designated keywords is updated.

Some people say its the big 3 month index, which is due to happen at the end of July, where all the work with regards to link building etc is taken care of the 3 months previous and there are those who say its when google actually crawls your website, which could be on a monthly, weekly and even daily basis.

I only say this as despite weeks of work, i have not climbed one bit in the rankings for my targetted keywords.

Thanks for any help guys

james-covert, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't wait 3 months to update serps - this thread is indexed now - look here it is, in serps - it took about 15 minutes

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...ree+month+google+visit+of+the+regular+crawl+?

As to not climbing in ranks after link building - a) have the pages with the links in been crawled and indexed?
    and b) were they quality links or easily won links from sites that have hundreds of outbound links, and so not worth much?

magda, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  3. adultseo

adultseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with magda... I think you are confused between index and PR... Its Google PR update which happens every 3-4 months...

adultseo, Jul 15, 2010 IP