1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Good Content for SEO.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bwds, Sep 22, 2006.

SEO Content Strategy

Let’s talk Unique web page Content and SEO content strategy. A year ago I would have said go and write yourself all the content your little heart desires and you will get a good ranking and be fine in reguards to SEO. But as mentioned in my Inbound Link Article, inbound links are now king with SEO, and I must specify shared links, just true one way inbound links no link sharing allowed.

So, web page content is very important in not only the search engines eyes but also in the perception and eyes of your viewer. The more unique web page content you have the more the visitors to your site will think of you as an expert in your field. The search engines will also look at the unique content in somewhat of the same way, and they will give a good ranking to the page because they feel it’s pertinent to what the person who searched for the information is actually looking for.

So there is 2 parts to web page content and your SEO content strategy, well besides the fact it has to be well written.

1. The first is it must be unique; this means for example on any given webpage no more than 30% of the information on that page can be identical to another web page on the web. There will always be some level of overlay but 30% is a good number to stay below.
    2. The second part is it must be relevant; this means if the site is about tennis and the page is about tennis shoes you need to have content that pertains to tennis shoes on the page, yes that sounds obvious but you would be surprised at the number of sites we see that just don’t follow this rule well.

So, how is relevancy defined within the search engines? It’s a combination of the keywords in the Title Tag, URL String, and meta-tags and how densely they are within the content of the pages. A good keyword density is around 3% and Google is very strict with this so do not over this percentage. This number is derived by counting all the words on the page (which can be done in Word), taking the first keyword and figuring what percentage of the words that keyword makes up on the page.

3 Things not to do or you will get banned:

1. Don’t hide text on the page by making it the same color as the background to help with SEO, you will get banned.
    2. Don’t stack a page full of keywords at the bottom to try and get your keyword density higher to help with SEO, you will get banned
    3. Don’t put a lot of text on a page so that the user has to scroll for more then a second to read it all, with the recent update in Google this gives you a penalty, and enough penalties, let me hear you say it “will get you banned”.

PS: it usually takes around a year to get a site off the banned list with google.

Bill
    CEO

bwds, Sep 22, 2006 IP
    khasmoth likes this.
  2. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    3 posts in 2 minutes, all very long and hmmm... Look at that nice little html address at the bottom...

I think you got something wrong...

Things not to do or you will get banned:

1. Post the same article all over in the hopes that we'll not discover that you're doing this for the backlinks...
    2. Post a signature although the rules clearly say you can't have 1 until x amount of time and x amount of posts...

lol :)

dastuff, Sep 22, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  3. SteveG

SteveG Peon

Best Answers:
    Newbie or not, still good info...
    hehe

SteveG, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Tutor©, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  5. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's how I usually write content for SEO.

A keyword tool such as Overture Suggestion, or Wordtracker is crucial in determining which keywords to target.

If it's a new site I'm building I intentionally ignore writing articles for keywords that have more than 600,000 search results in Google, because I find this is the cuttoff point in terms of being sandboxed for it. If a keyword has less than this amt of search results, I probably won't be sandboxed.

I compile a list of 10-20 of these keywords. I choose the one with the highest potential for traffic, and include this keyword in my title once. I write my article and sprinkle the keyword throughout the article, not caring about keyword density.

I find a list of supplemental keyword phrases that include this keyword in it. For instance, if I'm targeting "weight loss", supplemental keyword phrases include "weight loss products" or "weight loss reviews". These supplemental phrases usually have very little traffic compared to the major keyword I'm targetting. I include these phrases in my article as well.

I get links to these articles with the main keyword in the anchor text.

Kuraptka, Sep 23, 2006 IP
    khasmoth likes this.
  6. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Kuraptka, a very well thought out, and I'm sure effective strategy.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 23, 2006 IP