1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filipino Content Writers - Any Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by spock0149, Jul 3, 2010.

1. damoolag

damoolag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks ^_^

Regarding the low prices jobs, I dunno since I'm only new here ^_^ I only focus on Graphics & Icon Design,

damoolag, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. spock0149

spock0149 Peon

Best Answers:
    Enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks to all the filipinos who have contributed - special thanks to damoolag!

Its good to know that $2 to $5 an hour is a nice salary for you guys!

spock0149, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. damoolag

damoolag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks sir ^_^

$2 to $5 per hour is MUCH Better than 8hours of work with only $5 to $7 per day ^_^

damoolag, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  4. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Another Filipino here as well and I must say that I am ver proud to my fellow countrymen who shared their thoughts in this thread.

I would also like back them up by saying that Filipinos are one of the best who can speak and use the English language. I'm not saying that we are the best among the non-English countries but I'm confident enough to say that we are one of those.

I am also not a content writer so I'm trying my best to make my English easy to comprehend for everyone here in DP. I live in Cebu, the oldest province in the Philippines where many of our fellow Filipinos teach the English language mostly to Koreans. I can definitely say that our ESL teachers (not only in Cebu) has helped a lot in promoting our English prowess to the rest of the world, thus giving us Filipinos the opportunity to earn more and make a decent living.

It is just sad that the previous government that we had was full of uber corrupt officials. I hope that the new government rectifies all main issues that we had in the past for a better future.

I sound very patriotic! lol. but I am! :D

Grimm, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  5. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    I was wondering if you could PM me with any Filipino copywriters that are trustworthy, articulate, and have a good grasp of the English language.

Thanks!

anglefourfivemedia, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say read this thread there are at least 3 in here, who fit your description.

Kraven2, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  7. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Grimm
    I am also glad that you joined the discussion Grimm. As our friends may have observed in this thread; we Filipinos love our country and our countrymen. We are also very friendly, one of our country's best qualities.

@Everyone here
    Try visiting our country and you will see what I mean.

True North, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No time! We're way to busy educating writers :D

Kraven2, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. StanleyGrows

StanleyGrows Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never really heard about this. Thanks. My mindset was that if you want lower rates, you go for Indian freelancers. Guess am wrong.

StanleyGrows, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been...a few times! And you are exactly right, it's a great place, one of my favorites! As soon as I'm old enough to meet the retirement visa eligibility requirements I'm coming for good :)

zhoom, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like every Filipino here to understand your pride is commendable, along with your patriotism, which outweighs far too many Americans.

There is one point however left unclear. In my opinion a career writer with a professional flair should be paid like a professional. Yet it seems like you are putting professionals at a higher pay grade. Is there any reason a professional writer can not get paid as much as say a lawyer? If they starting using Google and found lawyers they could write for it, could be done by being a little bit more aggressive. Like by finding trade and news publications that need your work. How much is it worth for lawyers and attorneys to get new clients as a result of your articles sending them clients?------------I think you get my point, think like a professional and get paid like one.

dyadvisor, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  12. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Professional writers must be treated and paid like professionals. This is a universal truth, not confined by any geographical boundaries. However, there are several factors to be considered why it is almost impossible for Filipino writers to get the same treatment as given to other professionals such as lawyers.

First, the law of supply and demand. There is a scarcity of demand for professional writers than, let's say, demand for lawyers in the Philippines. I know a lot of Filipinos who can write good articles, but are not given a chance to prove their worth. (The last two factors will explain why). If not for demands online, there will only be a few Filipino professional writers who can earn a decent wage. I can still remember my parents used to say when we are still young, "There is no money at the end of a pen, except when signing a big-budgeted projects (an allusion to Engineering, etc)."

Second, the number of available writers. Filipinos have a good grasp of English language. Almost every Filipino professional (or even college undergrads) can write decent articles. This is generally good, however, there is a downside to this. Let me give you an example. The Philippine National Bank, where my sister works, have a publication. They do not hire writers outside the PNB employees, because almost every Filipino can write. They simply ask their employees to write something and publish them. PNB will not ask a professional writers to write for them. They may hire one editor, one lay out artist, one circulation manager, but not writers - they have a lot of them within their ranks. And their employee-contributors will receive tokens of appreciation (cash) for their articles, but the amount is a lot lower if they will hire a professional writer.

Third, the expertise factor. A lawyer has an area of specialization, so does a doctor. This factor, combined with the second one, makes the Filipino professional writers' situation worse. When a company needs to write something about law, they will not hire a professional writer, they will hire a lawyer with writing skills instead. They may hire an editor to polish what the lawyer wrote. It is easier and cheaper that way. I know this because I came from a KPO (Knowledge Processing Outsourcing) company in Makati City. We have a department where the writers are all lawyers, because the company believes, when it comes to law, it is easier to train law experts to write than to train writers to be law experts, which I believe is generally true.

I am thankful, I am a writer and an editor. I got good opportunity at the big bucks. However, some Filipino professional writers sort to other media such television and radio. More try their luck abroad. Writing online is really the salvation of many Filipino writers.

A parting shot: One of our national artists, Carlo Caparas, made comics very popular in the Philippines. That was a few decades ago. Now, his efforts to revive the comics industry haven't produced substantial results. Filipino comics is hanging for its dear life now. Why? There is not much demand for writers in the Philippines.

True North, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good points. Yet please answer me this:

Well how can I then take writers from any country, and within six weeks (typically), enhance their writing to say approach 100,000 insurance/financial firms out of 1,500,000 total to where many will commit? I tell them the fee is $50.00 per article, 1/5 my charge before medically disability. To them it is a bargain, and often leads to a package deal initially of $150 to well over $1,000. The only problem I have is to get writers paid direct, instead of processing through my wife's business first. Next week I am contributing a value well over $5,000, where 500,000 US insurance agents, financial planners and large firms will receive an email blasting. The email will point out the values of considering consumers receiving articles to read and then going to the website, They are current averaging paying $30 to $60 for a single lead they sell in one of 6 or 10. They in turn make a sale averaging a profit of $1,000+.

How can I help others, when they do not sincerely want to help themselves, or see imaginary barriers? I am currently concerned that many have unfounded fears.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  14. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    Please don't get me wrong Sir. We want to rise above our present condition. We want to help ourselves. However, I would admit that I may be imagining barriers to how far Filipinos can go. I may be seeing things that are not really there. Now, please sir, tell me, how can I break free from these imaginary barriers? Please help me, as I help other Filipinos.

True North, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    People that your respect like Kraven2 and at least 2 others posting here under this post are in the free learning process from me.

I can not make up your mind, but you seem like a leader. A true leader need to know more that his people, so they can rise to his level and beyond.

So the leader must not stagnate in learning or mind. This is why you see me selling absolutely nothing. Now with health failing, my final goal is too see other succeed, that means opening all my secrets that made me a millionaire many times over. My payment is inner warmth and charge to keep on.(that is something money can not buy) . As Kraven says - I am the real thing.

If you are sincerely interested in devoting a little time to some new concepts will change your mind, your income, and release pent up energy and courage you have been holding back. If you want to lead (at you own Pace-FREE) it is up to you. I also feel leading by proven example is a way you can not lose.

PARDON MY SPELLING, MY HANDS ARE IN BAD CONDITION.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  16. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    I also want to learn. How?

True North, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  17. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have a signature line to reach me or any of the other two. Right now time wise I have one I need to get going quickly by assisted email, and online courses. For any other it would have to be online courses, which are started in about 10 days.

As you can see I sell nothing. I am two years past the doctor expectations, but want to leave that I help make a change in enough peoples lives so they then can share with others what they have learned. My mind is strong, and I believes the mind controls the body, so I am determined to make this happen for those that are sincere.

So if you want to be on the fast track, you can do this so it does not interfere with your work, and you will see a change rather quickly.

18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Follow the cure in my signature, you are already a member, you just need to do the course and then use that training.

That goes for any writer who wants to be educated to climb out of the scraps yard, and we do not care where you are from. You bring the desire, we bring the skills ;)

Kraven2, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  19. darinblue

darinblue Peon

Best Answers:
    it's also a factor how you can motivate your writer to work harder and better..doesn't really matter where they are from..

darinblue, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  20. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Darinblue. It is the quality of the articles not the place where the writers reside that matters.

True North, Jul 19, 2010 IP