1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Place images inside picture frames

Discussion in 'CSS' started by jheske, Sep 22, 2006.

I don't where to start so I don't even have any sample CSS to post. I have a div with a background image showing a picture frame with space for 4 images. I would love to know how the heck to get my images to fit perfectly inside those pretty little frames.

A sample page is at http://www.theArtisansGroup.com/index_test.php

I've tried floats, absolute positioning, even tables, and yes, you've got it, I can't get IE to do what FF does.

I would be so appreciative of any help. I'm not even sure what the best approach to this one is. Thanks very much!

-jheske

jheske, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  2. MiamiHost

MiamiHost Peon

Best Answers:
    are you using class's and id's for these?

MiamiHost, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  3. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    I know gallery 2 does this for their gallery... So if you just find a site running the picture frame thingy you can check out their code... Not the most helpful I know but maybe a start :)

dastuff, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. jheske

jheske Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for the responses. Yes, I am using the usual CSS stuff (id's, classes, etc). I finally came up with a scheme with several layers of nested divs allowing me to use my background and center my images. There was some trickery involved in getting IE and FF to agree with each other but it seems to be working out. If anyone needs details I can provide them.

jheske, Sep 23, 2006 IP