1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone had ANY luck at all with facebook PPC?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by ebraininc, Jul 5, 2010.

CPM or CPC? I have tried them both and I am curious if anyone on here has had any luck at all with CTR on CPM? I have tried with a few different niches and all CTR were gutter level poor.

And what about CPC? Has anyone had any decent conversion rates? Is it even worth advertising on Facebook and paying for it? Or is it better to stick with free tactics?

ebraininc, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  2. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to approach marketing to Facebook in a different way to normal PPC.

I suggest you watch these free training videos, they will certainly put you on the right track.

Marketing on Facebook

Webgold, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  3. raybal5

raybal5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried once. All I wanted to do was to promote my own Facebook Group but because they didn't like the topic of the group (MLM Marketing) they wouldn't allow the adverts. I know they are particular about what they allow to be advertised but I thought it was very peculiar that they allow MLM groups but we are not allowed to pay them to promote those groups.

raybal5, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  4. ebraininc

ebraininc Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard similar stories and how frustrating is that?! That is absolutely ridiculous. I have had some frustrations of my own on there. It sounds like the flake factor is reigning at FB. Maybe a bunch of newbies new hires. Who knows. Im about ready to say forget it to FB. Sad though since it is now the largest traffic source on the web.

ebraininc, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  5. lleiderm

lleiderm Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard that CPC used to be very low on FB. But, supposedly, it is much higher now because so many marketers have found out about it. Anyone have any feed back on this?

lleiderm, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  6. IrnesJ

IrnesJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Only success I have had on facebook is with dating CPA offers.
    People on facebook aren't really in "buy mode" they are more so in relax mode.

IrnesJ, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  7. lleiderm

lleiderm Peon

Best Answers:
    That is what I have always thought about FB. I go there often, and I never come close to looking at any ads. The gurus say it is a FANTASTIC marketplace, but my feeling is what you say: that people go there to relax, not buy.

I hope many others will join this thread and fill out our experience. It would be real good to know if I should spend time trying to market there directly with FB ads.

lleiderm, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  8. graeme

graeme Guest

Best Answers:
    I have tried quite a bit of FB PPC, and found that the CPC is not all that much cheaper in Google. Also, the CTR is much much lower (although that doesn't matter as they don't have a quality score like Google), but I've also found the ROI has been very low. That is, people on FB seem to click on an ad out of interest, rather than searching for something, so they're less likely to buy. that's just my experience, but it hasn't worked out well so far.

graeme, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  9. Find And Shop

Find And Shop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello ebraininc. I have tried both and had 0 success. I spent near $100 there with no conversions. Also I started a page. so far I only have 20 members. I put an add for It as a CPM and only had one person join. I have found people are afraid of links. There are to many malicious links out there.
    I found a program for FB that tells you if you get a bad link or video. It tells you right away not to click on it. I've been giving it to people hoping they will be more comfortable using links on my site.
    I doubt I will use an ad there again. Some one is having success i'm sure.

Find And Shop, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  10. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly right - Pretending that anyone can advertise on FB with huge success is only going to add to your marketing costs. It has to be a very specific type of product or service. Facebook may be the dominating traffic site in the social media world, but it is very "trial and error" still for a lot of products, simply because of the mentality and mindset of the average facebook user.

Alex Hall, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  11. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of interest what kind of site/product is the FB ad linking to?

Alex Hall, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  12. ebraininc

ebraininc Member

Best Answers:
    I was running some dating stuff, but I was thinking about running this www.gamegodfather.com and with the targeting options, I thought I would give it a shot. Any opinions about FB being good or bad for this?

ebraininc, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  13. HappyBoy

HappyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I got little success in FB PPC, promoting 2012 clickbank product and only got 1 sale. In the end, I just burned out!

HappyBoy, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  14. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish this idea would just die already. Moreover, I wish other seo companies and so called marketing gurus would stop trying to sell this idea off to clients as though it's the best marketing strategy out there. Facebook, Twitter and sites of the like are just chit chat platforms, they are not marketing tools. The sooner people realize this the better off they will be. Search engines are still the number 1 way to sell products. IMHO I see this as just another way to grab a few more marketing dollars from potential clients and it is sad. I also see this as a distraction, while your spending the day tweeting and facebooking your competitors are spending the day finding quality backlinks and moving up higher in the search engines, gaining more traffic and sales then you will ever get through facebook or any other social networking site.

I will agree that it can help brand awareness, but that is about as far as it goes.

banless, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  15. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they are going to have to tweak their approach to it, as a lot of people are getting increasingly dissatisfied with the results from the time, effort and money thrown into it.

Alex Hall, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. rendy212

rendy212 Peon

Best Answers:
    May Be you can start using Facebook Voucher

rendy212, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  17. ebraininc

ebraininc Member

Best Answers:

Facebook Voucher? What's that?

ebraininc, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  18. CJ.Online

CJ.Online Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I had a crappy experience with facebook CPC. Didn't make any money from it at all. Luckily I only used money from the free coupon I got from GoDaddy.com haha

CJ.Online, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  19. Find And Shop

Find And Shop Peon

Best Answers:
    FB gave me a $25s couple weeks ago. The ad did not do well. I was just trying to get the page I started going. It's Great Product On Line. No one joined because of the ad but I've managed to get 20 members so far. As I said before people are afraid of unknown links because of all the scams that get posted there.

Find And Shop, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  20. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    The advantage of FB is that you can run offers you won't get appoved at Adwords, but it's a whole different game, getting the CPC down isn't easy and requires contant tweaking, loads of split testing, etc. Make sure to use the demogrphics and interest selections, since you'll need a good CTR to keep your ads running and the price per click down.

Scripter, Jul 14, 2010 IP