1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are these niches or am I making them very narrow?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by antisatanic, Jul 12, 2010.

Should I create separate blog for article marketing, affiliate marketing and make money via blogging. Should I consider them as separate niches or same and make one blog.

antisatanic, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    They can be separate niches. Niches that are too narrow are things like accounting software for reptile business. You get the idea ;-)

MayaLocke, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. jacqueline100

jacqueline100 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could do both actually, it depends on what you want to achieve. You could make one general blog geared towards noobies and talk about making money online in general and go over various techniques, or you could make specific blogs but that would mean your posts would be a lot more detailed and in depth and then you could link them together...

jacqueline100, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  4. BinaryQwest

BinaryQwest Peon

Best Answers:
    The way I look at it is the broader the niche the less likely they'll convert to a sale. The more targeted the niche the higher they convert. So its pretty much a balancing act to find the happy medium that holds the most profit

BinaryQwest, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  5. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    There's Niches and Micro Niches.

Keeping up with three blogs will be extremely difficult.

If you want to do it right... set them up on 3 completely different webhosts so they can link to each other and get link juice.

factchecker, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  6. bamidele_ba

bamidele_ba Guest

Best Answers:
    These niches can either be broad or narrow, it depends on you. You might want to have a blog on make money online that will explain blogging and the likes or you might decide to have a blog on affiliate marketing only.

Thanks a lot for the nice comment,
    -Onibalusi

bamidele_ba, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The question you must ask is whether you can maintain 3 blogs on a regular basis. These three niches intermingle and most blogs on one topic invariably talk about the other. My advice would be to go with one blog at the moment. Once that's established, you can make others.

jitendraag, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  8. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want targeted traffic then build separate blog and it pretty help you convert in to sale.

iwillguide, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I consider a niche product / category to be a third level down on any big category. For example "Health and Fitness" is not a niche.

Health and Fitness -> Health Equipment -> Treadmills (Here is your niche)
    Kitchen -> Cooking Supplies -> Silicone Cookware (Here is a niche)
    Pets -> Dog Supplies -> Durable Outdoor Water and Feeding Bowls (Here is a niche)

If you can't easily go three levels down then you are probably in too broad of a category to compete without a hefty marketing budget. The key though is to find niche's that are people are really searching for. For example, I would imagine people would search for Treadmills and Silicone Cookware online, but I don't know for certain that people are looking for durable outdoor water and feeding bowls. This is where keyword research comes into play. Use the Google Keyword tool to find niche's that are not too competitive but find products/niche's that people are actually searching. My standard rule of thumb is to do an exact match on keywords, anything with more than 1500 Searches per month would probably at least make you some money if you can compete by selling a product or creating a blog around it and doing affiliate marketing.

PHPGator, Jul 13, 2010 IP
    antisatanic likes this.
  10. ikidunot

ikidunot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to find new marketing niches as new consumer items get released ie IPad.
    You then need to anticipate mini-niches/markerts for these products

ikidunot, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  11. HotTubTimeMachine

HotTubTimeMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with PHPGator 100%... that's a good way of evaluating a niche.. and Exact Match KW are the way to go... for now at least. Although I've heard rumblings that google is onto that as well.. and may have a harsher critieria for evalutating exact KW match pages.

HotTubTimeMachine, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  12. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably create one general IM site and create various categories including the 3 you have mentioned.

tuksdrr, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  13. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its better to have different blogs or sites for different niches. But you should be able to manage all of them together and its not an easy work.
    So if its difficult for you to manage them, i suggest you to have one or some blogs and work only on them.

haveseo, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. PrettyPerfect

PrettyPerfect Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just put them all under one 'marketing' blog and separate them into categories?

PrettyPerfect, Jul 15, 2010 IP