1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Classifiedscript.org is a rip off - need help programming

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Rsparcks, Jun 21, 2010.

Hi, has anyone bought this script? Anyone had this problem.

I'm going to try to fix it myself and I don't have a whole lot of php exp.

I bought this classified script from Classifiedscript.org - but it's been a complete nightmare.

I can't seem to get help from the guy that owns the website, I have been posting that he's a scam. He emailed back saying Email him the bug... i have been waiting...

The script installed with difficulties, but we installed it. Now four days later still no reply from Classifiedscript.org - i check out their support page and all the links are broken. So i guess their support page is fake.

My website is been down now for four days.

you might be able to help me.

Here is the problem:

Seems like when you save images with firefox or chrome or any other browser that is not internet explorer. and you try to upload them the images don't show up.

if you save the image from the internet with internet explorer they upload fine.

Please test it at
    Go to Classifiedscript.org see the live demo -

I noticed that images saved with internet explorer under the properties don't have this message:

his file came from another computer and might be blocked

So i'm not sure why this script won't upload pictures with this properties.

I feel like i got ripped off buying this script.

Please help.

Rsparcks, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  2. ppro

ppro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is your website address? I need to check the problem to be able to help,

ppro, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  3. Rsparcks

Rsparcks Peon

Best Answers:
    Warning!! Scam!!

John carey / classified script.org is a scam!!!

Don’t buy this script! Is scam!! Becareful with your credit
    card.

Dude where the f*ck is my money you sac of sh*t!
    Put the money in my pay pal account you mother f*cker
    or i’m gona come to you door any time now.

I’m just gona grab your computer as payment.
    We know your address now, thanks to the bank.

Don’t be surpriced if you i show up at your door.
    Have my money ready or give me something or equal value
    like your computer for example.

See you soon.

Rsparcks, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  4. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I was going to buy the script before I see your comment. I would like to know what is wrong except for the picture problems? Did you install the script on your site? can I see it? Can you explain me why you are telling us that a part of the script is on his server?

Thanks for your help
    Will

willd, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  5. Rsparcks

Rsparcks Peon

Best Answers:
    Classifiedscript.org yeah that script won't upload .JPEG but i will upload .jpg and even .gif - At first i thought it was firefox. But if you go on the internet and save a pic with the .JPEG extention it will not upload.

Now I tried to contact John Carrey - but he won't answer emails. I had to contact the bank to get his address to give it to the police in Ontario - for fraud charges - they told me that if he doesn't return the money within 30days I can take legal action by formally charging him with
    fraud. Charger would include taking payments for a service he's not ready to provide and for misleading or fraudulent advertising, in order to obtain founds.

You can buy it if you want but be warned Jonh Carrey be very every very slow to answer your emails.

Rsparcks, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  6. Rsparcks

Rsparcks Peon

Best Answers:
    Ppro... I bought another script. works perfect. more than i asked for... cost me $49.00 bucks. I don't why i took down Rapid classifieds. it was working fine. but i'm starting all over now.

check Jonh Carry's demo - http://www.classifieddemo.com/ try to upload an image with the extention: .JPEG it will upload .jpg but not .JPEG

Rsparcks, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  7. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, I fix the picture problems... (If you wan the fix, please at least show me your website)

you can test it on my demo site ( I didn't bought the complete version yet)

www(dot)tiq(dot)ca/test/demo

Have you installed the script on your side. On my demo the user panel doesn't work but I guess it's because the admin section is not included in the demo. I would just want to verify if it's th case with your site.

Thanks
    Will

willd, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  8. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    Ho and also one more question... why are you saying that a part of the script is on his server? How did you found out?

willd, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  9. impulsehost

impulsehost Peon

Best Answers:
    Pm if i could help :)

impulsehost, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. Rsparcks

Rsparcks Peon

Best Answers:
    Rsparcks, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, first if you expect to get a refund by posting on every classified thread you are wrong. You will probably convince people to don't buy their script, but for sure they won't and I wouldn't refund you after this.

Then also if it tooks you (or should I say your friend) 3 days to install the script, you should think about doing something else then website. It took me maximum 20 minutes. Instalation is very easy.

Now if you're a newbie to the internet programming and you expected to get a script totally working, installation and customisation for 70$ then there's a problem.

Have you ever wonder why some classified script are between 500$ and 1000$. Well you pay for support.

Just look at xzero script or scriptdevelopes.net both of those script are cheap, but those also don't offer any support (or almost no support no more) just like classifiedscrit.org . I think that the developpers should mention that to their website, but I think that people should also realize that buying a script under 200$ is most of the time buying a script without support.

Now, I'm not de developper of this script, but after installing the demo on my server and tested it (like you should have done), I bought the script.

Here's what you need to fix so .jpeg pictures can be uploaded.

Go to and edit postad.php
    On line 59(or around) you should found this:
    $extension = substr ( $_FILES["fileImage"]["name"][$i] , -3 ) ;
    							$extension = strtolower ( $extension ) ;

Code (markup):
    Change it to:
    if (substr ( $_FILES["fileImage"]["name"][$i] , -5,1 ) == "."){
    							$extension = substr ( $_FILES["fileImage"]["name"][$i] , -4 ) ;
    							}else{
    $extension = substr ( $_FILES["fileImage"]["name"][$i] , -3 ) ;}
    $extension = strtolower ( $extension ) ;
    if ($extension == "jpeg") $extension = "jpg";
    Code (markup):
    See ya and good luck.

willd, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. Scriptspro

Scriptspro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I am co-owner of classifiedscript.org
    We are not scam, our script is working fine.
    Maybe it really have some bags, but we are trying to fix them all.

Our support-person offers tech support - but not 24/7.
    I see sometimes he have up to 3-5 days delays in answers and I am going to correct it...

We offer 30-day money back guarantee and we make refunds after the first customer's request.
    Can be problems only if we don't receive the request.

To the customer "Rsparcks" - refund was made on June 28, I think he just have missed it.
    I have written him by email abbount it. I think he will recheck his PayPal account and will prove it.

To "Rsparcks" : Please remove your "Scam" posts, really some customers ask me why on some sites is written about our scam. Some visitors don't want to order because of such posts.

PS. With PayPal transactions you always can contact PayPal support about such issues with merchant.
    They will make refund even if merchant will not agree to do it.

Scriptspro, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  13. bapatnmintri

bapatnmintri Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if they are a scam, though I still wouldn't recommend it. Their script is SE optimized but not that great, there are plenty much better out there. And scriptspro already says that their customer support isn't that great but they are working on it. Everyone says that, but that never happens. Plus I havnt heard or read any good reviews about their script neither in DP or anywhere on the net, except Rsparks, who has basically commented about them everywhere possible. Their business is definitely falling down.

bapatnmintri, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  14. Rsparcks

Rsparcks Peon

Best Answers:
    Money was returned to my credit card. But i was told that it would go to my palpal. the money was returned the 29th. Again mis-communication here. My two complains are slow response or no response at all + the issue with the .JPEG. Anyways the money is back on my credit card. i bought another script. support seems a bit slow too but it's still within 24 hours. haven't had any issues uploading images.

Rsparcks, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  15. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys it's me again.

So as mention before I bought the script around a week ago and after some long hour of work I must admit that I wouldn't recommand this script to anyone who's new to programming and who expect that the script will be working by itself.

There's a lot a major problems: (Guys from Classiedscript.org take note... :) )
    1. Upload pictures problem
    2. Javascript pictures problem
    3. Search can only be performed on title
    4. Browsing to a category and and then arrange by price or date, will get you out of the categorie.
    5. Left menu is not working correctly when you're browsing.
    6. Captcha erase everything if they are wrong
    7. Edit add is not complete and won't let you add pictures

And the list goes on... :) But hey I still think that it worth 70$. But just be prepared to put a lot of hours fixing some major bug.

Hoo one last thing that I find look stupid is that the member area doesn't match at all with the rest of the website.

I didn't request any support and I'm fixing those error myself, but I would suggest the owner of Classifiedscript . org to try to fix those problems soon.

Thanks
    Willd

willd, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. face2win

face2win Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Buyers,

Please beware and check demo before purchasing this script.
    The Registration Drop down Menu is having serious Bug.

Even after requesting since last 3 weeks, The owner miserably failed to rectify the issue.
    The entire script is useless if your members are not able to register.

The ownes claims a 30 days money back guarantee which I doubt.
    Even after claiming my refund, he has neither refunded the money nor solve the problem.

If you want to check my claim please check yourself at wwwdotindiansupplychaindotin
    Click on Register and see yourself the dropdown screen appears only half and the footer of menu is hidden which is a serious bug.

I am discussing the issue with my legal associate to claim a refund as well as compensation as per US Laws.

I will cetainly not recommend to buy this script until the bugs are fixed

Though he claims to install the script free, he never installed it.
    Overall he is un professional and buying this script is a waste of time and money.

face2win, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  17. superscript

superscript Peon

Best Answers:
    willd, this script has so many problems, i gave up trying to fix the bugs. i was never contacted from these people. i don't understand why they are still selling this script. this script is not worth $10.

my best advice is stay away from classifiedscript.

superscript, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  18. superscript

superscript Peon

Best Answers:
    hey face2win did you get sucker into buying this too? i feel your pain bro. the owner of this script shouldn't be allowed to sell it if the script has issues. i think rsparcks might right, if the owner knows of these issues, why is this script still for sale? why not close it down until all the issues have been resolved.

superscript, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  19. willd

willd Peon

Best Answers:
    face2win, I fixed this problem (register button not showing) on my site. But there a lot of other problems..

willd, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  20. face2win

face2win Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Friend,

Am trying to get my refund from this scammer.
    Already initiated a dispute from paypal and also registered compaint with an US Federal Govt. Website.

Hope I get my refund back.

Regards,

face2win, Jul 15, 2010 IP