1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Professional Looking Logo Vector: Contest $50.00

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Gregcyber, Jul 8, 2010.

1. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree.. :)

einstine, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I sent both designers a email ( PM )

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
    Gregcyber, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is it fair for a designer to enter their concept and then ignore edits? contestants need to follow the rules too.

If a designer enters a concept and then refuses to work on the concept for one reason or another in the time frame of the contest, that concept should not be killed world wide just be cause a designer cant complete the logo.

Designers / contestants have requirements and rules that need to be followed too.

4. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree.. :)

einstine, Jul 12, 2010 IP
    Rockstr27 likes this.
  5. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I also said "IF I do not find acceptable logo, I will not pay or receive files" check in post #1.

If I paid the prize for something I was not happy about, why would I want to be here?

6. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WO, unacceptable means you don't use it anywhere not for revisions or whatever, I hope your not going to steal my work.....the experience around here has become worse and worse, i thought you were on the up and up, I did not abandon this or any contest, I didn't want to have to go through moving GRAND RAPIDS and CARPET CLEANING TO one or the other side when we had not even agreed on the font, it would appear we are looking for reasons to say something is not good enough to use that part of the escape clause, How about the terms I sent in the PM, then we leave each other some positive feedback and experience, okay

knique, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  7. Rockstr27

Rockstr27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If the contest was abandoned, that would be one thing, but it does not look like either of the designers abandoned the contest - both made posts here in the last 24-36 hours with knique making numerous posts yesterday. I am not sure how much time passes where you consider an abandonment, but when I hold contests, I let at least a week go by before I figure someone is gone, and even then, I would not feel right stealing their artwork without their consent.

In my opinion, you are anxious to get things moving, but at the same time, patience is a virtue. Artwork is very often not considered property on DP, and in the real world, you can not just take someone's art without their permission, and though DP is a "cheap" place to get artwork, at the same time, the time that goes into creating original pieces should be respected and if an artist is not willing to release their rights to a piece of artwork that was made with the idea that they were getting $50 and now being offered $10, that makes sense to me. It sounds like the original artist is willing to still work on it, is it just that things are not moving fast enough? If so, how fast do you want someone to jump for $50 after they have been working on your vision for the last 3 days? idk - I guess I just see things differently here and kind of side with the artists here - I am a publisher and an artist, so I can see it both ways, and IMHO I think you should work with the artists and be patient and let them do what they do, but ultimately, it is your contest ...

Rockstr27, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  8. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will agree to pay the full amount of the prize.
    I was happy about 2 concepts, but I wanted to see edits in another light, it did not happen.

When one of the two logos did not advance, the contest got bad and the contest holder was not happy. When this happens, no ones happy.

Maybe I had to high of a expectation on this contest. I offed a fair price compared to other contest and maybe I expected more.

I will not have another contest where I have high expectations on participants, I will stat out at going rates and be happy.

9. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cheers to all the entrants, I thank you for your submissions, time and hope to see you compete in any other posting I may have. :cool:

10. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just to let ya know. Contest is over.

I sent $51.75 by Paypal to knique, The Winner for the cool logos and ideas.

I sent $10.10 by paypal to dbdesign for second place.

Rockstr27 likes this.
  11. Rockstr27

Rockstr27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DP is a great place ... good luck artists and publishers - glad everything worked out for all parties involved :)

Rockstr27, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  12. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    knique:
    If I dont get the files I paid $52.00 for I will leave bad Feedback and make a Pay Pal Claim.
    Sending me a email with nothing in it is not funny.
    I have waited a week and you send me what you think is what I want.
    I have told you many times what I wanted and you tell me to go the the library and make it my self.

dbdesign:
    I dont even get a rep for paying the $10.00 second place. :(
    I will file Paypal complaints, becuse you really dont care.
    The second place guy messed up this hole competition by not doing the edit I wanted to see.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    Gregcyber, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  13. YoGem

YoGem Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ... sad to know about your experience... I hope that paypal will help you to resolve the problem as well I hope both the contestants will give you what you paid for.

YoGem, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  14. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Gregcyber, would you please stop being so impatient and making things out to be other than what they are you received every single file that was involved with every post here plus you have been receiving additional files after the contest that for the edits you have been instructing to have made, now every time a few hours pass you go getting berzerker, looking for excuses to break agreements, leave whatever feedback you want, and I will send the moderators every email and the file package....don't make this an issue I work hard on your logo, and you still have not given suffient information to complete a single task, I ask you for file sizes seeing you do not have photoshop or any program that can open photoshop and resize the final product yourself - so a person would need the right file size so you don't get a 1000px by 1000px png or whatever try and resize it and the image gets distorted....The ironic thing is you asked for PSD in your contest brief but can't even use them, you have been being served since the end of the contest and still are being served even though you take every message and turn it into something negative, I have never told you to go to the library, I emailed you ways to use your files and also ways to figure out adjustments, and also how you have original source files that can be used by printers and other means other than just...never mind, it is a waste of time I am speaking about things you have no idea about, everybody here this Contest Holder has Ai, PSD, EPS, ALL the original Fonts used, both edited and unedited copies, and PNG, He has been getting color changes, lettering changes, sizes etc all for his original $50, with all that it means he has 100% ownership and copyright and he has been getting all these additional requests for the original $50, eveyone look at the date of this contest and tell me would any of you have extended him even near that much, ask VSC, and wozzy666 I go the extra for my designs, now stop making threats and jumping the gun before this gets ugly, I am working with you relax, the email said I will see you with the next revision in 24 hours that was emailed at 9:19 pm and it hasn't even been 17 hours, i am so sorry dbdesign didn't edit the sign guy but he can't make a jpg image he cut and pasted from somewhere else have a space between the R and the D, also I have asked you to settle on a color scheme you have not done that either, I will keep going with making the edits you have requested, but you have to answer my questions can't keep shooting in the dark you think you say what you want but if you don't answer my questions like what size to output the PNG, what color you want this or that, you can't expect me to guess what is in your head do a file then reedit it cause you didn't answer my question at 9:18 pm tonight you will most likely still be complaining but I am going to start posting every revision right here cause your being crude and impatient

knique, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  15. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Knique:
    If you want to complete the logo I have asked for, then lets proceed on this form.

I think your skilled and very knowledgeable in logo graphics, and helpful too.

Timing is important. I have to run a carpet cleaning business and need the printed materials and (pay for) a good website.
    I have alot of money in tools to clean carpet, I'm just starting over again and I feel my work is so good, I would have the word of a good reputation, and I would have recommendation's from my clients.
    If I have no business card, I lose.

I have ask many times for edits, not much happened.
    I then came to the conclusion that the contest got derailed, because of the end time posted, and I was not happy.
    I tried to walk away with all parties happy by offering a $10.00 bonus to the 2 best entries, I agreed to no files reworked or sent.

After I tried to do the best for me and help other for their time. I got disgraced by other DP members.
    I then sent payments and waited.

I will agree, you did send files, but it is not what I wanted, and you know this. I will not use any file you sent.
    I will go to another designer and work with them if you do nothing.

If you help me get what I want, I will cancel the blocked payment, or if I cant stop the canceled payment, I will resend you payment in another way.
    I did file a complaint with my CC because I did not enjoy a blank email you sent me yesterday, you did not reply to my question of the blank email either.
    You did respond as fast has lighting when you seen payment stopped, your response time for stopped payment was less then 3 minuets.

16. Gregcyber

Gregcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I would like to see this concept, I like the color, how you have the G and S over sized. I like the placement of carpet cleaning. I ask for a new fonts, looking for a easy to read font. I would like to see the text part of the logo done right be for any other things.

The last font looks good, but I dont like the slits in it. You have spelled the logo wrong.

17. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay in the email I had got sent I recall you said you wanted the first font, now the last font, it's okay but we have to be clear, i just emailed you a file containing edits, you also said you didn't any longer want the state log yet all these have the state logo but before that you said you wanted the state log with black GR underneath that read GRcarpetcleaning.com....I emailed you that I corrected all my designs to "cleanings" cause I miss read a feedback in this forum where you informed a contestant it is cleanings not cleaning, however it is only a deletion so I did that and recenter the text in both the CityScape and the latest update, I also recall you wanted that CityScape in a light blue not red done, and that the font should not have the slant/shear in any of the designs, did that, now if you still want the state log and the other details like black GRcarpetcleaning.com let me know,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I also recall that if you wanted the state logo there would be something like GRAND RAPIDS on one side and Carpet Cleaning on the other side, However I never got the question answer what color, and you claimed you wanted another font for the Carpet Cleaning side and I asked which font from the ones you had or did you have another in mind, okay so if those edits are to get done again those questions need be answered or we are shooting in the dark, revisions can be made but psychic connections can not happen....

knique, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  18. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Insult me one more time and I am going to send you your 51.75 call paypal and write the corporation and make sure your account gets all living hell, I can care less about that money, I have a schedule and your complaint just happen at the scheduled time I think you really need to stop you have received far more than $50 worth of work, How would you like it if this were a carpet cleaning contest, and you kept cleaning their carpet and it isn't like the carpet hasn't been cleaned it just they keep coming up with lame excuses to take the prize money back, oh you cleaned the carpet but you didn't use stain guard plus and it took you five minutes last time this time it took you 10 and by the way could you use the green vacuum, why the yellow one is just fine? well I like watching you with the green one, then you do all that and they say well what about the front carpet, what about it the contest was for this carpet well you said you clean carpet and you are good but your slow, until I said I will take you to small claims court ....do you get the picture gregcyber think if your in my shoes and your bending over backwards for the price of one job and your giving them more and more next you will have the nerve to ask me to do that business card let's get this done....I don't know what your problem has been but I think you don't know either

knique, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  19. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TOO EVERYONE HERE STOP THIEF, CAME UP WITH BOGUS COMPLAINTS AND MADE FALSE STATEMENTS TO FIND A WAY TO GET WORK AND TAKE THE MONEY BACK...He Claimed I never responded well I have never sent a blank email this is why I like gmail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

knique, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  20. knique

knique Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer: