1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ has stolen my $10

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by smartsem, Jul 8, 2010.

before few months I have approved by a travel affiliate program by CJ and I earned $10 with promoting that program.Then After few days my travel site was sandboxed and I stopped promoting that affiliate and delete the site URL from my CJ account. Till that time My CJ account balance was $10. And it remains there till last month end . After that I totally forget about CJ but when today I log in to my account there is only $0.30 blance ...And I got shocked ...

I think these commission junction people are big scamer's .Are they charged me $10 just for not using CJ ????

smartsem, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  2. BenjiMoore

BenjiMoore Peon

Best Answers:
    They're not scammers whatsoever, they're probably one of the most trustworthy networks you'll find.

Send them a support ticket and I'm sure they'll explain what happened.

BenjiMoore, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  3. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe your lead/sale was refund, invalid and they reserve the money which credited to you before.

anhbloginc, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  4. smartsem

smartsem Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think so ... because $10 was there for 2-3 months. And i got it for some kind of CC verified download offer.

smartsem, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  5. air jordan shoes

air jordan shoes Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not very clear, I currently have problems. Do you have anything that your account money gone? I put the money in the few, because I think it's not safe net, I still don't feel good, total feel very fatigued, don't you know that you will lose something.

air jordan shoes, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  6. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you can try this >>> Login to your CJ account then Select Run Reports >> then go to Performance Reports. There you can select detail reports of your account, generate a report for 1 or 2 year and see if its still available.

nvidura, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  7. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Assuming you don't have the patience to read the entire quote, at least read the part in bold.

http://www.cj.com/psa.html

Kerosene, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  8. mikedennis10

mikedennis10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I made $47 from one sale a while ago and never made any more over maybe 9 months, and each 3 months they would make me pay a $10 fee because I wasn't getting sales and eventually they took it all and closed down my account for lack of sales.

mikedennis10, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  9. smartsem

smartsem Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it was also happen to me . these idiots are charging fees if you don't get enough sales.

smartsem, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. ibangalore

ibangalore Peon

Best Answers:
    Well CJ is a big company dude . They wont do anything like this for 10 bucks . Maybe some chargeback or Fake Sale . Try contacting them ,.

ibangalore, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. MEMORIES89

MEMORIES89 Peon

Best Answers:
    may be they thought the user is inactive, BUT i don't think so that such a big company can stole 10$.

anyhow drops can make a ocean, and if they start reserving 10$ from many accounts they can get much money. :(

MEMORIES89, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. Kerosene

Best Answers:
    Did you read the PSA/TOS when you signed up as a publisher?

It's only $10. Get over it.

Kerosene, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. BenjiMoore

BenjiMoore Peon

Best Answers:
    What an awful attitude. Money is money, it doesn't matter how much.

BenjiMoore, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  14. Kerosene

Best Answers:
    Complaining about a $10 dormant account fee after not having read the PSA is worse.
    :)

Kerosene, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  15. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, "It doesn't matter how much", lol. You'll be big in affiliate marketing.

geomark, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  16. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes CJ has recently introduced inactive account fee. Before that, they were doing something like closing accounts inactive more than 6 months.

I think it's their way of fighting their SLOOOOOWNES .. Not a secret that CJ's servers just suck .. any query (such as search for products or search for advertisers) takes forever. And that goes on for YEARS .. as long as i've known CJ

I don't know why they keep ignoring the industry proven methods of fighting the slowness (such as archiving the inactive account, optimizing their queries, making redundant databases and redundant tables, and at the end may be finally upgrading their servers and their database platform), but this slowness seems to be a huge issue with CJ for years and the don't show a sign of ever overcoming it..

I would say they need some really big technical rethinking as well as management improvements. As of today i believe the biggest thing that still keeps them afloat and above the competition is the name .. the CJ.COM domain name .. Every day they should bend over and kiss the **** of the guy who advised them to buy that domain regardless of how much they spent on it :)

stats, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  17. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They charge $10 for dormant account...

Codythebest, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  18. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd vote with CJ... you don't know what you are doing. Sadly making blanket accusations in forums without understanding how their network works, and without making any attempt to contact CJ directly just proves my point.

internetmarketingiq, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  19. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    Same issues here, but I don't get their logic for determining what is a "dormant" account. They say no sales = dormant, but it's clear that my account is live and driving visitors to the affiliates because of the click volume. I have a lot more luck with my Shareasale and Linkshare vendors anyway so if they drop me, it won't be a loss.

row_01, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  20. ibanezgrx1

ibanezgrx1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My wild guess is your travel affiliate program was 'vacation home rentals". Am I right? They did the same for me. I've heard many people talking negative about them. They don't want to pay their affiliate commissions.

ibanezgrx1, Jul 30, 2010 IP