1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference between major search engine

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Dips, Jun 8, 2010.

Hi,

What is the main difference between 3 major search engine like google, yahoo and bing ?:confused:

Dips, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the Internet world today, one of the very first things one must understand when beginning any website optimization and positioning project is the difference between classic search engines and search directories. The true, classic search engines in the real sense of the word are, for the better part, large powerful databases that rely on automated search agents called robots, crawlers or spiders. The best example of that today is Google.

aeroz1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  3. georgemoj

georgemoj Peon

Best Answers:
    The main difference between the 3 big search engines is the trust. Google is having the most trust and yahoo has the least.

georgemoj, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  4. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have conducted many search research projects for my clients regarding the differences between Google, Bing and Yahoo Search.

There is very little difference between Bing and Yahoo. I've conducted searches for multiple business types, in different markets using a plethora of keywords - then calculated where my client's site link was served in the results page of those directories/search engines.

Bing and Yahoo are almost identical in every case. I recently listened to a presentation on Bing and they basically admitted that it is simply a rebranding of the MSN search engine - now partnering with Yahoo (or they bought them), so that explains why the results are identical.

So, Google and other engines and software have very little of the market. I think there are several reasons for this:

aeroz1, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  5. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think amongsth the three SE, there are no different between them. Just most ppl love google due to it's Great Service serving their Users.

vannarith, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. Badlands07

Badlands07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just an FYI - Yahoo and Bing will be providing the identical (both from Bing) search engine results for organic and paid links as of October 15, 2010.

Badlands07, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  7. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, most of these search engines have the same structure. personally i think it's the user's decision because almost all of those search engines are the same to a certain extent.

YugoSlavac, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  8. hindlist

hindlist Member

Best Answers:
    The major difference between Google and Yahoo is that Google has more relevant records for the search quires then Yahoo and more over Google is for free to submit, where as yahoo is not like that. And as far as Bing is concerned the difference is that it is still new and has to travel a lot to be compared with the above two.

hindlist, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  9. vasilisa

vasilisa Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole thing is which of 3 seach engines you like more. For an average user there is no difference, i use Google, but why? i can't answer for this question) its a kind of habit probably...

vasilisa, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. Integrated Solutions

Integrated Solutions Member

Best Answers:
    You will find different search results in all the three search engines...

Integrated Solutions, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  11. rimple

rimple Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend,

Google is the most popular search engine.Bing is now usable search engine but Google searches the exact search result than other search engine.so i use Google for search.

rimple, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  12. jjon

jjon Peon

Best Answers:
    Individually they all use different search algorithms; the results of different search engines in some respects are similar but the page rank (PR) criteria is specific to each.

jjon, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  13. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    I think these do not differ that much. No doubt the result against any keyword may differ as the algorithm differs. While comparing applications, tools, and services these 3 are almost alike. The only thing that i found different is Trust and that too because of the huge network of Google and the free applications for the easy access of each one of us.

james.parker, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  14. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is used by 80% people, yahoo is used by 15% people and Bing is used by 5%...

crudeexperts, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  15. Michael smith

Michael smith Peon

Best Answers:
    these three search engine have different search algorithm, diff. search result, different traffic..

Michael smith, Jul 29, 2010 IP