1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conditions When Google Picks Meta Description From Page Content ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by digitaltours, Jul 9, 2010.

I already Define Meta Description In Page. But google Stills Picks Meta Description From Page Content. Can Any One Tell me What Can Be Reason Behind this..

Please Also Ensure me What Are The Condition When Google Picks Meta From Page Content...

digitaltours, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It will take it from the page content when that matches the keyword better, so make sure that the appropriate keyword is included in the meta-description. Also, if the description is too long or too short it won't be used - 120 - 150 characters is ideal

magda, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  3. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google picks the description part from the content only when the content suits best with the searches key term.

manish.chauhan, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  4. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google always take description from page content only. I think you got something from cache or your description might me same as your content.

Alan Smith, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  5. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Eh? What does this even mean? It takes it from the meta description, your dmoz entry - and from the content only if neither of those match the keyword, or are the wrong length

magda, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  6. clive2

clive2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I can't understand your question. If you already placed meta description in head tag. Then Google definitely catch it only thing you make your description about 150-200 characters in length.

clive2, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  7. Webmantra

Webmantra Peon

Best Answers:
    First Check meta description tag format is correct..make description 150 characters long..and it should be relevant to title tag...i agree with @clive2 that generally Google crawl description if u placed meta description tag.

Webmantra, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  8. indianachu

indianachu Member

Best Answers:
    thats the right one,

indianachu, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  9. digitaltours

digitaltours Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for you all replies... But i want to show you url of inner page. where i happen and one thing more. please check the other onpage factors in this url. because my URL is Cached But Still Results are not coming... please help me...

http://www.moviefunia.com/ramona-and-beezus.html

Paste this URL in Google. and You will see what google cache. and after that see source of file you will see. what i written in Meta...

And Tell me Reasons

digitaltours, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  10. openxcell.webdevelopement

openxcell.webdevelopement Peon

Best Answers:
    All you have to do is insert "<meta name="robots" content="NOODP">" this tag without quote in your site and I hope the google will crawl your meta description instead of you page content. If you want to explore regarding this tag, here is the link "seoworkers.com/seo-articles-tutorials/using-noodp-and-noydir.html" from where you will get a complete detail about it.

11. Imartix

Imartix Peon

Best Answers:
    May be your description duplicate part of the texn on the page, or duplicate the meta description of the another page. May be your page hasn't reindexed yet.

Imartix, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  12. kuldep

kuldep Peon

Best Answers:
    no but i had seen various flash websites which have no contents in their text body but google takes their meat description

kuldep, Jul 12, 2010 IP