1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is the best free plagiarism checker software/tool online ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by valentinagomas, Jul 10, 2010.

Hi,

I'm a content writer and I'm very strict in providing 100% original content to my buyers. Sometimes in order to meet the deadlines, I have to hire extra writers from dp/gaf etc. I have been using www.articlechecker.com to check their articles.

But I think this online tool doesn't give right results all the time, especially in the case of spun articles. I don't want to see any problems from my buyer's side. And I always want it to be 100 % unique, whether it is written by me or any other writer.

Can anyone suggest a free online tool/software that checks articles as copyscape do?
    Or
    Can a writer without having a website buy copyscape? If yes, how much does it cost?

Hope you will help me

Thanks in advance,
    Valentina Ann

valentinagomas, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  2. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about 100% free ones, but Copyscape is very cheap. 5c per check no matter the length of the article. But it is good practise to check only a few paragraphs (maybe 100-200 words) at a time. So a long article could cost maybe 20-40c. I would suggest you just pass the cost onto your buyers...

And you do not have to have a website to use it. You can copy in text.

zhoom, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  3. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I only know Copyscape from many years and it produces immaculate results in showing instant output of your posted article or content

jezzz, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are several, paid and free. They are all highly inadequate, crappyscape included.

For example none of these tools can check protected areas as all they do is check public pages. Is the page not indexed, they won't find it. Second what about Usenet, P2P networks, Torrents?

And the above is only the checking part. When you look at those tools and see how easy it is to fool them, it becomes a joke. Especially spun stuff will fool them all if spun properly.

Rewrite by hand and its even easier.

All those tools do is provide a false sense of security.

Kraven2, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  5. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting thoughts...I do rely on copyscape somewhat because I simply don't have time to manually check articles. How would you check in the protected areas or in torrents anyway? I would think it would be basically impossible to check an article for plagiarism with the breadth of the internet these days...

How do you know that your writers are not plagiarizing? What sort of checking processes do you use?

zhoom, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  6. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been writing long enough to fool the OP 1,000 articles in a row. I could pick an article off my article directory site on any topic you wanted. Run it through two separate sophisticated programs, and deliver it to you as 100% Copyspace (which by the way does not mean a damn thing). Fortunately, I do not need to make money, so do not resort to these techniques.

Forget Copyscape, and for God's sake pay a little bit more, and so will quickly find dedicated writers. You might not like to hear this, but you are causing your own problem.

dyadvisor, Jul 10, 2010 IP
    ADNattan and jhmattern like this.
  7. Villanio

Villanio Member

Best Answers:
    look up copyscape its what i usually use to check if any of my articles have been published elsewhere

Villanio, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  8. valentinagomas

valentinagomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you think copyscape checks pdf files?

valentinagomas, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  9. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I just cannot get over how ignorant (meaning = unaware) you are. You refuse to face the facts. Is it because of your penny pinching attitude.

I told you, that for your need Copyscape or any other similar service is not needed. You make a mockery of all the writers here saying in your signature unique high quality artilce writing services $0.15 word ONLY

QUIT THIS FOOLISH POSTING NOW -- HOPEFULLY A MOD MAY PULL IT, your are hurting this forum, not helping it. Google: Effect of Copyscape on Google Answer = 0, Google does not use Copyscape.

I doubt your article writing is no way near the false advertising you give it. Please prove me wrong by sending me a copy of your work. Then I will send you of a true unique high quality article with a $250.00 value No Copyscape or other useless tools that do not measure value.

Value is measured by results.----------------------------

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  10. wilsonjthomas

wilsonjthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    it is difficult to get 100% pure. but generally copyscape is good.

wilsonjthomas, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  11. valentinagomas

valentinagomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. Many webmasters use copyscape..

valentinagomas, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So many webmasters get fooled/fool themselves, how does that make it a good piece of software? Crappyscape and the likes are useless.

Kraven2, Jul 11, 2010 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    they serve one purpose, Kraves. They allow writers with too much time on their hands to go searching for places where their writing may have been used without permission. They're plagiarism tools, and they actually work well in that sense (as they use the Google API, why wouldn't they?). What they don't do is check uniqueness, or originality. The only look for short 'shingles', so unless you're specifically trying to find places where your article has been used without permission, they are a waste of space.

Interestingly, rather than paying copyscape 5c a pop or whatever they charge, just go to Google, and search for a random sentence from your article in quotes and you'll get pretty much the same result. It's kind of a tax on newbies, really.

contentboss, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you contentboss. But a major point is being missed. When I write something of quality I want as many as people as possible to see it. I want them to copy it for their blog, or publication, that is the whole purpose of writing. I have written and ghostwritten over 600 articles and hundreds of other pieces of content.

Now I could see it if a person was ashamed of their writing.

I am happy when 100 blogs use one of my articles, why not. Many of my articles would not pass copyscape, because they might use sayings or even quotations to keep the reader motivated.

There was a recent study made: if am am correct, Copyscape was at the top for 90% accuracy, unless you had a premium subscription. Then it was slightly higher. The bottom program in the study of ten was 40% accurate.

Unless your are a multimillionaire record label or book publisher it might matter. Instead of chasing the dollar, spend more time making the dollars.

dyadvisor, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  15. salmanhaider

salmanhaider Member

Best Answers:
    I have used a plagiarism that i got from http://plagiarismcheckerx.com This is probably the best and most powerful software present on the market. It is even better than Viper or any other online software.

salmanhaider, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  16. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have compiled a list of many FREE plagiarism checkers here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...st-of-free-alternatives-to-copyscape.2700629/ which serve as good alternatives to Copyscape. Some of them can be used to check offline content too. So, a person without a website will also be able to use them.
    However, they have certain limitations imposed upon usage. E.g. you can use some of these plagiarism checkers only two or three times a day. Also, there are word-limits. So, it is not possible to check a large block of content with these tools.
    To override this limitation, one way I think is to use a software or some tool or may be a proxy that changes your IP address and check the content in parts, using different IP addresses. When you check once, the plagiarism checker records your IP and after you exceed the limits of usage, blocks it for the next 24 hours. When it detects a different IP, it would not be able to identify that its the same person checking again. I don't know if this will work or not ... have never tried it myself .... but if someone has given this a shot, please tell what happened, or share if you have another idea.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  17. R Arlingga Hadistira A P

R Arlingga Hadistira A P Member

Best Answers:
    ideem with above me. copyscape is best at all.

18. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing better than Copyscape, i did try duplicate checker but it is not 100% perfect to check plagiarism. There are times when duplicate checker will pass the content but then it is caught in Copyscape.

impishme84, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  19. Nette

Nette Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ , nice and easy tool.

Nette, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  20. Repucaution

Repucaution Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I usually use copyscape, it's easy in usage and really helpful.

Repucaution, Feb 4, 2014 IP