1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Tips for Your WordPress Blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jahangir, Jun 25, 2010.

Today, thousands of new blogs get posted on the Internet every day. However, only some of them become successful and drive heavy web traffic.

Here are some SEO tips using which you can you can optimize your WordPress blog and make it more search engine friendly.

1) Alter the Permalink Structure:

Set your permalinks optimally for SEO. The permalink of your WordPress blog, by default, is clumsy and not optimal, and usually the URL reflects ?p67 etc. However, it can be easily edited by clicking on the ‘Settings’ tab and then ‘Permalinks’ menu on the dashboard of WordPress. You can then customize it as abc.com/category/postname. Now, your blog post category and title would be visible in the URL rather than a long numeral series.

2) Optimize your blog for keyword phrase:

Before you post a blog, you must do some extensive keyword research with the help of Google AdWords Keyword tool and find a low competition keyword phrase with a long tail. Focus aptly on the keyword density and remember to use it in the title keeping a density of 3-4% through the blog content.

3) Add a Comprehensive SEO Pack:

Install this All in One SEO pack that enables you to optimize meta tags & keyword tags along with their description, add a custom title for your blog site.

4) Bookmark each blog post:

Take the help of social bookmarking websites such as Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon etc. as this would enable you to promote your blog effectively and bring in heavy web traffic through lots of back linking. You can also OnlyWire and submit your blog posts to multiple bookmarking sites simultaneously.

5) Apply Google XML Sitemap plugins:

Install XML plugins so that all your blog posts and web pages are indexed easily by search engines. You can also use these plugins for generating a sitemap for you blog site.

6) Optimize the home page of your blog site:

Use a keyword research tool and figure out good keyword phrases for your home page and remember to include the keyword phrases in the meta description, Title tags and the running content of your home page. These relevant keyword phrases can fetch you hundreds of searches per day.

7) Practice link building:

You can easily give a remarkable boost to the search engine rankings of your website with link building thereby driving in considerable web traffic to your website. Use article submission to multiple directory submissions, article marketing, forum postings, blog comments, media coverage, press releases, emails, newsletters, social bookmarking etc. for link building.

8) Optimize your Blog gifs/Images:

You can optimize your images by using keywords in the ‘Alt’ attribute and ad keywords in the names of the images. Also, input the image description in the image title tag.

Now that you know the basic SEO tips to optimize your WordPress blog, you must optimize the same at the earliest for instant web results on major search engines.

jahangir, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  2. StevieP

StevieP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    StevieP, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  3. everypcneed

everypcneed Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. I use this post as my bible for wordpress sites ever since it had been posted in January/February of this year.

everypcneed, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  4. Peter_jd

Peter_jd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really interesting thanks for sharing with us

Peter_jd, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  5. The Rock

The Rock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great information for the wordpress users. Will also use these tips in my wordpress blogs.

The Rock, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  6. kiddo

kiddo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great link ;)

kiddo, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  7. seoviviti

seoviviti Peon

Best Answers:
    ya you are right . i try the Permalink Structure and its helping to drop good amount of visitor on my site. have experiment on my two wordpress blogs and the permalink structure work for me. thanks

seoviviti, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  8. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good info i already use daily basic Social bookmark after update each post on my blog, I'll fous on image optimization too also it's very good info for the link provided by "StevieP"

sousen, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  9. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very well framed information.
    Was looking for this
    Thanks!

seo4me, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  10. imricky

imricky Peon

Best Answers:
    Really interesting tips. I am using All in One SEO pack in my wordpress website. It is really giving good results for SEO.

imricky, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  11. deltagci

deltagci Peon

Best Answers:
    Good information for the wordpress theme blog users.

deltagci, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  12. anilg

anilg Active Member

Best Answers:
    anilg, Aug 12, 2010 IP