1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When will Myspace be dead?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sbongo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you , it should have been more like myspace

FireStorM, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace could be big for a long time or it could die down in the next 2 years. Look at AOL. It used to be so popular back in the 56k modem days. Every teenager had aol, used aol chats, theirs searching tools to find new people and instant messanger. Now AOL is begging for people to sign up. It's still a huge multi-million dollar company but its just not as popular as it was before.

MySpace is so popular because all of this social networking stuff is new to everyone. Dating sites have been out there forever but myspace isnt just a dating site. First of all its free, you get to see all the gossip, people share their lives on myspace and teens love to see what everyone else is doing.

Right now myspace needs to improve couple things before it starts loosing visitors. They are getting hacked from left to right and more and more people use it to promote their businesses. Millions of fake profiles are being opened everyday and scam emails, bulletins are being passed everyday.

If myspace doesnt do something about their security it could get hit hard one day. Hackers are trying everything to promote their crap. I think that a new social networking site might become popular by 2008 with new look, new features and something new that no one has seen and give myspace a run.

netpox, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace already is dead. Facebook has passed it. Before you give me the online rankings that show MySpace is more popular than Facebook, that doesn't mean shit. Facebook's targeted, verified users are its biggest resource. It is made up of educated and upwardly mobile young people who have grown up with the computers/internet their whole lives.

MySpace is mostly bunch of soccer moms and older people stuck in dead end jobs with depressing lives. It makes the news these days when pedophiles use MySpace to find new targets.

Facebook has a target niche. It has people who are in certain VERIFIED networks like companies or schools. Verified is the key here because Facebook doesn't allow anyone to just list a school or company. They need to have an email from that specific domain. This is huge for advertisers because they can market ads to workers at IBM or students at Harvard (or BOTH).

redking, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. bybcous

bybcous Peon

Best Answers:
    myspace.com is the new blackplanet.com

bybcous, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...where do you get your stats from that facebook has passed myspace? MySpace is ranked #6 on alexa and facebook is #35. And where do you get your information that myspace is full of soccer mom's and old people. LOL

netpox, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  6. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace will be with us for a long time, a lot of people love it.

checksum, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  7. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace will last quit a while.. there are so many popular musicians (some celebrities? Or just plain posers) that have myspace. They keep their fans updated there... and... many of their fans have Myspace. Compared to facebook.. there aren't any bands/celebrities on it,... now is there? It's perfect for college and whatever and I think Myspace will last a while in pop culture... As long as there are emos, myspace lives! (I'm just kidding)

8everything, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  8. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    Read the second sentence in my post, you fucking idiot. I reiterate, the online ratings don't show the value of the targeted, verified audience of Facebook.

If you have an account on both, you will notice a clear difference in the types of users. The VAST majority of Facebook users are educated and ambitious because you had to be in college and/or working at a corporation to get a Facebook account. These are the future leaders of America. You can already find celebrities and athletes who have Facebook accounts and be pretty certain they are real. On the other hand, the people on MySpace are known for being sex offenders.

Don't be mad at me cause you picked the wrong site to support. It's not too late to develop for Facebook and use their APIs.

redking, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  9. frasierman

frasierman Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace is still alive?!

frasierman, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another 12-18 months maybe?

They need to completely revamp their code.

Barefootsies, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, it's dead.

And so was this thread until you revived it.

Mia, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Never used myspace..so its been always dead for me :eek:

clades, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. GuruContent

GuruContent Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought Myspace was dead a year ago...the place is a ghost town.

GuruContent, Jul 9, 2010 IP