1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are nofollow links anything to have?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Sweely, Dec 30, 2009.

1. gothic love

gothic love Peon

Best Answers:
    try to contact the blog owners and get links from the blogroll and posts, this will help you more

gothic love, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. stuart.letterman

stuart.letterman Guest

Best Answers:
    Damm right, best thing is to actually make friends with the other blog owners and ask them nicely :D

stuart.letterman, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  3. Pompei

Pompei Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd be surprised how many readers of a blog read the comments, if you post valid comments with good content and are not just spamming for the link than you can get some decent traffic out of it.

Pompei, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  4. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Webmasters of the "make money"-niche don't want friends, but I have some Islamic websites and they link to you for free, from their PR 5 websites. Wow.

Sweely, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  5. intellg

intellg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The page index by google but the link which have No follow attribute will not be considered by google.

intellg, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  6. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi i am sure this is hot topic .i wonder some time because mixx is no follow sites but it still displays in my webmaster tools as back links an my Pr also got high.

rohnsmith, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  7. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    consider this theoretical construction:

all websites change their outgoing links to "nofollow". what will google do to sites which
    have a lot of nofollow backlinks? I guess, it will still put them into the ranking calculation,
    anything else wouldn't make any sense to me.

jophan, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  8. digitalvillage

digitalvillage Member

Best Answers:
    yahoo and bing accepted your link don't worry

digitalvillage, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  9. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you do not need links to your website in order to obtain a high PR. I have managed to get PR 1, 2 and 3 - just by writing and without having anybody to link to my website. Just because a link shows up in Google Webmaster Tools, it doesn't mean that it's a dofollow link. My Yahoo! Answers answers always pop-up over there, even though they're nofollow.

I am well aware of that. Next time, don't double post... and oh, the thing is - I'm not trying to rank high in Yahoo! or Bing. I want Google.

Sweely, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  10. stuart.letterman

stuart.letterman Guest

Best Answers:
    You should read John Chow's blog or Carlo Cabs; they make many friends and get a mass of backlinks for it ;)

You can do it for any niche, even the 'make money' niche...

stuart.letterman, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  11. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In that niche, webmasters will either want a link back, or the charge you money for it. Or, they link to you because you're famous like John Chow or Carlo Cabs. When you're 17 years old and launch an Islamic Website - then PR 5 backlinks for free ain't wrong!

Sweely, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  12. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always says that a link is a link, just that dofollow blog is better than nofollow.

scheng1, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  13. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is true. I've been researching this a lot lately and nofollow links are good, but dofollow are even better.

Sweely, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  14. BOWarrior

BOWarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Kdenisk, what are your top 2 most efficient ways to build links if you don't mind me asking? We are in a link building thread. Be great to hear some other viewpoints on an important subject. Thanks, G

BOWarrior, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  15. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think that its important to keep in mind the world does not revolve around google, so a well placed NOFOLLOW link may mean little to the big G but HUMANS can most certainly follow it.

Qryztufre, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  16. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good question. Would love to hear his answer.

So true! Very well said.

Sweely, Jul 8, 2010 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  17. BOWarrior

BOWarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed Q. I am looking at it from a balanced perspective including both methodologies whenever possible. I think nowadays with social integration, multiple methods and strategies combined is key. But, your argument is strong for a NF-link on a site with 20k visitors a month sending you 2-3k of it, when the G SERPs may only have 800 searches a month giving your site 100-200 clicks in a top spot. And to have that top spot, may require 100s or 1,000s of inbound links.

BOWarrior, Jul 8, 2010 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Even with much smaller numbers.

When I am looking for something I use Google, if I find it I'll click into it. On the rare occasion I'll even link to it myself (generally a no follow link by default). When I happen across something that a friend linked too I'm often more inclined to share the link myself (again, NF by default).

If your content is worth reading, it's worth sharing, if it's worth sharing its often worth sharing again (the beginnings of being viral). Its MUCH harder to go viral (even on a small level like this) by getting top SERPs as most of use when we search are searching for an answer, once the answer is gotten the page is left... when we are reading blogs, forums, etc, and we find something it's generally looked at as something of interest, and not just the answer we are seeking. If we find it interesting we share it.

I read my friends blogs, facebook posts, twitter, and follow many of them along in this or that forum. I often get friend requests from people I don't know pushing links to get top SERP, these people are NOT followed, I do NO click on their links, I do NOT share what they have to say... thats reserved for friends. A spammer on a social site is like a NOFOLLOW link for humans...even if it has a PR10, if it looks like spam & smells like spam, that high PR link will likely do FAR less then a well placed worthy link on even the smallest of nofollow sites... but here I am talking myself into circles so I'll shut up.

Qryztufre, Jul 9, 2010 IP
    Sweely likes this.
  19. jasonbird01

jasonbird01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep,THats right...
    But Google is the best SE in the planet

jasonbird01, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  20. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Brilliant post. +rep from me!