1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Marketing Guide

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Arnoldo Fernandez, Jul 6, 2010.

Hi, I recently found out that a friend of mine spent a lot of money trying to become an online marketer (instead of asking me). Since I felt bad for him I taught him the basics, and also buit a website to help other beginners. So if you want to see it, and maybe provide me with some reviews on your thoughts about it here is the address:

golden-affiliate.com

Arnoldo Fernandez, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  2. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like this site. As i should sign up to system firstly without any information about it.

haveseo, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  3. ssdear

ssdear Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may post the site link in your signature

ssdear, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  4. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link signature advice, but I haven´t been here long enough to be able to do it. And to contradict haveseo, there is no need to join the newsletter in order to enter the site, it is just a recomendation. You may go inside the site without joining the newsletter.

Arnoldo Fernandez, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  5. Domenic Carlson

Domenic Carlson Peon

Best Answers:
    Never a good idea to market to a bunch of marketers! ;)

Domenic Carlson, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  6. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Good one :) There's just too many of them online these days. I really like the domain name of your site.. but you REALLY should do something with the background color.. Try to make it a bit more professional.

Justin_Dupre, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  7. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I am Henry Jakson from Australia and I am new to this forum. Hope I will learn many new thing by this.

Henry_Jakson, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  8. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the background color tip Justin_Dupre, I will take into consideration changing it when I have some time. You say there´s a lot of them online these days, but what do you mean? I have yet to find a free online marketing guide that covers the basics (which is what I´m trying to provide).

Arnoldo Fernandez, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  9. profecy

profecy Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, That's true, it might be best to find a different target market. Most of the people on internet marketing / webmaster forums probably won't convert too well.

profecy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  10. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    'Free' and guide gets thrown around so much lately. If it requires my email, that's worth something, therefore costs me something. No thanks.

cldnails, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  11. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it possible for people to actually learn to read the other comments? You don´t have to join the newsletter! It´s just a recommendation for starters. There is a BIG Enter sign below if you didn´t notice it.

12. sandiegowellness

sandiegowellness Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the information on your site is useful for a beginner, however, the intro page. the language used and the formatting of content looks and reads very similar to the "on-line marketing" get rich quick scams. in your case, since you're offering a free beginner's guide, you shouldn't sound like you're trying to sell it. just a thought.

sandiegowellness, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  13. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, sandiegowellness. You´re the second to actually give me a quality review that helps. I´ll think about changing it soon.

14. alipha

alipha Member

Best Answers:
    Good One, Keep Your Work Arnold.

alipha, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  15. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks alipha

16. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Arnold. I have a critic eye so plz don't mind if i point out some mistakes, i am sure you will take them as a suggestion and will work it. Your site is no doubt good meanwhile your actual concern to make people understand about the online marketing, so that other should not repeat the same mistake like your friend did. Color scheme can be improved to increase number of visitors and their stay time. One more improvement came to my mind that by adding top navigation regarding different categories and topic will increase the user's interest and will help to find their respective topic within no time.

Wish you all the best. Regards

james.parker, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  17. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks jamesparker100. I am planning on taking some advices from here to improve the site tomorrow night (since I don´t really have much time until then), and I´ll definitedly take yours into consideration.

18. regska

regska Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Arnoldo,

I've checked your site. Don't take this too personal, and please take this as an opportunity that you need to work on. The site is kinda boring, the color, the background etc. When I clicked on the link, I didn't even read the content on it, as I exit in less than 10 seconds. Try to be more lively on your site, add navigation toolbar at the top of your site. Black background is really not a good idea for a website.

regska, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  19. moonlight

moonlight Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there, for the newbie like you (including me) you should learn how to do regular SEO method and create natural campaign, there are some simple steps for (especially for the new) website to get indexed in google faster and bring huge traffic:

1. create a content, yeah skip under construction page or what ever, because it's definitely not effective for the new website, just write down some paragraph like what's the main purpose of your website, vision, mission, product review or anything that informative for the future visitor of your website.

2. Create Internal Links to your Pages.
    Put the content in a template with a menu structure to make this step easier. At least to get started. Link to the content through the menu, and if you have a major landing page, link to it from the content of a page or two.

3. add your website to social bookmark website, this is one of the most effective way to get the traffic. there are tons of social bookmarking website, just register and add your web page, but please pay attention for the terms and policy, don't do spam link on social bookmark, just write down some informative things and make as natural as possible.

4. you can do blog walking, and comment for the blog post and put your link in the website form, just remember the comment must have relationship with the article or blog post. don't just say: "good article, good posting, etc" but say it with your opinion, review, and thanks at the end.

5. you need to do search engine verification, just focus on 3 big search engine: yahoo, google, and bing, use their webmaster tools that available in their website, add your website and verify with their meta tag method to index your website.

6. Create, Submit, and Ping your XML Sitemap
    You can create a free XML sitemap here then upload the file to your site (just save it as sitemap.xml). Then ping Google with your sitemap by typing in the following URL in your browser, replacing the domain name with your own:
    http://google.com/webmasters/sitemap...om/sitemap.xml
    Next, create an account with Google Webmaster Central, add your site, and submit your XML sitemap.

7. Install Google Analytics
    Add Google Analytics (free) to your site. Don’t forget to verify your site with them to get the data collection started.

8. Run some Google Ads
    Create an account with Google Adwords and start running some ads, even if its just for the domain name, company name, or some long tail keywords. Google has to go to your site because of their quality score, which includes “your landing page quality”. Just spend a couple of bucks and it can help jumpstart the indexing.

hope this will help you :)

moonlight, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  20. Arnoldo Fernandez

Arnoldo Fernandez Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comment regska. I actually had a different theme before (which I have placed once again), but changed it to black while creating a new one. I suppose it wasn´t such a good idea.

And I guess I should thank moonlight, although I don´t really get the point of your comment in this thread... I was asking for feedback about the page in order to see if beginners would find it attractive and read it before leaving to buy a product that won´t help them. But don´t take this in a bad way, I suppose you are trying to help in some way.

Arnoldo Fernandez, Jul 8, 2010 IP