1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you are getting $10 for writing a single 500 words article?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by varghesenair, Jul 3, 2010.

Hi dear writers, just want to here from you about this. I'm a part time writer and I'm charging around $5-$9, depending on the niche and requirements...What about you people?

varghesenair, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  2. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the client. Sometimes I might get $10 other times I might get more or maybe a little bit less. In the old days my rates would have been very low compared to what they are now. Things and people change.

DreamingBig, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  3. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    $15 on up to $75. In most cases, around $35.

Now, why are you asking that?

Perry Rose, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's rich considering http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1858653

Practice what you preach may be a good start.

Kraven2, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  5. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    My rates depend on the requirements but they do start at $0.015 per word. That's just for keyword-optimized articles. Copywriting is another thing.

what, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  6. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles/reviews/product descripts sold at DailyArticle fetched me more than 10 clams; the highest of course being $19 for an iPhone review.

Live2Write, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  7. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get paid decently (more than micro-cents), but that's because of SEAL:

1. Specialization—Write in one field (preferably one you love) and OWN that field.

2. Experience—Two kinds: direct experience in the field and writing experience in the field. Both is best.

3. Ability—Your ability to get the job done right.

4. Levels—I offer 4 levels of writing though so if I take on a project paying a lower amount, I don't mind since the quality expected takes little effort on my part. Someone wanting an article for a flagship site requires far more effort than someone wanting an article for Adsense reasons. :)

marketjunction, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  8. richleaf

richleaf Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, my rates depend upon the niche of the article and also the uniqueness of an article. I will also charge more If my client is demanding a faster turn around time.
    Thanks..

richleaf, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  9. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    5-10c/w, depending on the volume and depth required

atreides, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  10. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know I wish that all the good decent writers here would just jump up the $10/500 words minimum. That is the least I will accept. Sure, I can easily make $5 per article but why should I bust my but giving someone some quality content for these crappy prices

gvannorman, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree if all talented writers would do this as one, all that remains is the crap.

However even talented writers have to eat, so I do not see this happening any time soon unless we start educating these writers.

Kraven2, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  12. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Educating the writers on here is what you have tried to do. Its the whole purpose of the new forum. I am sure that if we keep getting the word out on the free training that dyadvisor is giving and the job postings over there then we will soon see the rates go up. I personally have recently accepted a job or $10/500 words. I wanted $15 but they talked me into it with a big order. so I am doing 20 articles for them and its a $200 order. But half of those are just re-writes of the originals. So, I got it pretty easy.

13. ceefee

ceefee Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's too little. I get $15 to $30 routinely. I'm getting ready to charge significantly more, $35 to $70 for 300- to 1000-word researched content articles. But, I understand basic grammar and mechanics; I never copy and paste, and I use standard English. I can also develop a thought logically and impart it clearly for the reader, without redundancies. I point this out only because I've noticed many content articles are poorly written and fail to demonstrate the basics. That said, apparently either the people who publish them don't see the problem or they don't care.

I'm studying marketing methods right now to accomplish my goal. Other people get that kind of money--check out Constant Content--and I want it, too, but without giving up 35% to CC.

ceefee, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Basic grammar and mechanics? That is just part of the equation. You need to be able to push your article to the top of Google in 4 different search terms then you have really hit it. Even if you are using proper grammar that alone does not mean that any reader is going to find your article when they do a search. The basic idea of an article is to get readers.

If you are submitting them to a directory then you need the first few sentences to drive the reader to read the rest. Then at the end you want to drive them to read you bio box. Then in the bio box drive them to your website. Then you have found yourself a possible sale.

15. ceefee

ceefee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, of course, gvannorman. My main point is that people are not charging enough. Less than $10 for the skills that a good content writer offers is sad.

ceefee, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    True people are not charging enough for their work. Maybe they feel that they are not worth it. Not sure why. At the same time you have the right thinking, I thought that way also at one time. All it takes is a some good grammar and wham you have yourself a great article. At least its readable. But, there is so much more than that. Keywords along with power words have improved my writing ability tenfold.

17. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    "I'm studying marketing methods right now to accomplish my goal"

Ceefee, follow my sig. No reason to do it alone when there's a community out to help you

atreides, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  18. ceefee

ceefee Active Member

Best Answers:
    gvanoorman and atreides--thanks for the encouragement. I followed the signature and joined!

ceefee, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  19. Byron007

Byron007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm having a hard time finding just one applicant for a position I advertised. I can't afford you $1 a word people, but I can afford a bit more then 1c a word

Byron007, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  20. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    give it time mate. it's only been 4 hours

atreides, Jul 14, 2010 IP