1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone here ever sold a domain name for $100 or more?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by cobraghostship, Jul 5, 2010.

If so please list the name/names,where you sold it(sedo,ebay,etc) and how long it took to sell.Thanks

cobraghostship, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  2. cobraghostship

cobraghostship Peon

Best Answers:
    names that were undeveloped at time of sale only please

cobraghostship, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  3. shakingspear

shakingspear Peon

Best Answers:
    I often wonder about this, too. I look at some of the auction sites and many of the domains don't seem to go. And I noticed a lot of them use the same sales pitch:

GoDaddy says this .com is worth $xxxx.xx, but I'm selling the .net for $xxx. I have to do it for personal reasons.

A lot of people have personal reasons lately.

And why should I care if the .com is worth whatever amount of money? It's like they're trying to push off the less talented, under performing brother.

shakingspear, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  4. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny siggy, before this I hand reg a niche domain at a registrar for an expiring list or something similar (Actually, I just liked the domain name and looked at its age a bit) then I placed a for sale page and went to sell it at related forum to the domain service I was selling. Sold it for $500. :cool:

wptheme, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  5. malkee

malkee Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying you sold it at an auction at the domain registrar?

malkee, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  6. wptheme

Best Answers:
    Nope, sorry for the jumble up words. I had reg from an expiring list at a domain registrar for a domain niche example "CoolWedding.com" and went to sell it at a forum related to wedding. You just know how to push the right buttons though and stand a bit firm with your price. Also you have to have some knowledge about the domain's potent and features like past site archive and age.

wptheme, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  7. amirk

amirk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah
    I have sold some local TLD domain names for more than $100.

amirk, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  8. aguss

aguss Peon

Best Answers:
    I have.... I used to be a domainer years ago.... not quite successful at it, my best sale was $5,500 for a 3 character .com.

I used escrow.com. Most domainers and end users will prefer this for big ticket domains. Using Escrow.com, it can take as quick as 2 days to 2 weeks to get things done. It really depends on parties involved really....

aguss, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  9. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please share the name which brought you 5500 bucks! It would be interesting to know when you sold it and how much it would be worth now! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  10. aguss

aguss Peon

Best Answers:
    it was jnk.com.... i bought and sold it like 6 years ago... i bought it for $1000 or $1500 and sold it for $5,500 ... :)

aguss, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  11. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You made a cool $ 4000 net profit in one transaction and you still consider yourself not very successful with that effort! :eek: :eek:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  12. smirkley

smirkley Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sold a few for over (well over) a hundred bucks.

I cant divulge the names of course, but they were all bought by end users after directly contacting me via whois contact.

One thing I hate, is people contacting me as a 'serious' inquiry, with a totally lowball price, and using a yahoo or gmail return addy. lmao

smirkley, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  13. wptheme

Best Answers:
    Fate sides those early birds :)
    I wish I could go back a few years back and reg some really cool name. I remembered when I was early in domaining I was searching for some good domains at Ebay and I saw a newly listed domain that I know it should be a jewel. However I let it go for just around 1K. After a year I remembered that domain and I did some research it could have easily been sold for more than 10K reseller price. Lol..

wptheme, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  14. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of days back while I was doing some combo of Ls and Ns, I found an interesting fact. The dot com domain (of what I'd came up with) has been tagged as premium (for sale at $12000) I checked for other TLDs and the dot net was available for under 10 clams. I am still very apprehensive to reg it and develop to later sell it :eek: :confused:

Live2Write, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  15. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    If you visit namepros.com I suppose you will see plenty of threads about domain names which were sold for more then $1000000
    ;)

SiberForum, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  16. voslyn

voslyn Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought pokerdiscounts.com through godaddy recently (it was undeveloped at the time although i've since developed the site) for $100+ and I also bought pokerrehab.com from a guy on sedo for 100+ around the same time. The sedo transaction felt a little weird (it's tough using their website, links are all in strange places) as it was my first time using their service, but it eventually went through smoothly.

voslyn, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  17. snow

snow Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i have done that two times before. I am also looking for more than $100 for the name below.

snow, Jul 7, 2010 IP