1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to install blog for a Microsoft IIS 6.0 ASP site ?

Discussion in 'C#' started by harsh, Jun 30, 2010.

Guys,
    I m really stuck at installing a blog on an asp site. I knw how to install wordpress blog on Linux but have no idea about asp. I tried all the things by activating phpmyadmin, creating database, Creating user, but when i tried to log in after installation it gave an error as "directory listing denied - the virtual directory does not allow content to be listed".
    I am also trying to install presstopia blog on the site but for that I need to knw the database connection string and I dont have any idea about how to get it.
    Any kind of help in installing the blog wud be really really apreciated.
    Thanks,
    Harsh

harsh, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  2. Free Born John

Free Born John Guest

Best Answers:
    Assuming you're using IIS, that generally means you have specified the wrong default document for the site in IIS

Free Born John, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  3. bitstream

bitstream Peon

Best Answers:
    upload asp file

bitstream, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  4. xtrecoolx

xtrecoolx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is what you should if you want to run a Wordpress blog on an IIS machine.
    1) Download latest wordpress and extract it to a folder under Inetpub.
    2) Give user permissions (Internet Guess Account something like IUSR_2003TEST) to this folder and its children.
    3) Create a new website under IIS and assign this folder and map your IPs.
    4) Under application configuration in IIS for this website, you need to map .php extension to a program so that IIS can understand it. I have FastCGI installed on my server so all I do is I add C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\fcgiext.dll for .php extension.
    5) Now call the url and it should work. If Wordpress complains anything about writing permissions then you need to give write permissions to Internet Guest Account user.

xtrecoolx, Jul 16, 2010 IP