1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Back Links ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by mrix, Jul 2, 2010.

Hello all, I have had my forum for around a year and in that time I have gained many high ranked relevant back links.
    The odd thing is when I check for backlinks in google using the ........ link:http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk I dont see hardly any backlinks ? well to be honest today for the first time I see just 1

My site appears to come up fairly well under its keyword and has a rank of 3 but google shows it as having only 1 backlink :confused:

Any idea`s?
    Cheers
    mrix

mrix, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  2. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't show all your backlinks. Last time I checked, it only seemed to be showing the higher PR links. Yahoo shows everything, as far as I recall...

contentboss, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  3. joesmith

joesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is not a problem, but it has backlinks in the range of 4k when checked in yahoo. Your site's alexa traffic rank is too low, try to improve that.

joesmith, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  4. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google can only shows exact number of backlinks in Google Webmaster Tool.
    So you should sign up with Google webmaster tool and check your backlinks over there.
    You also can use of Yahoo explorer to find them.

haveseo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  5. mrix

mrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all thanks for the help......

??? How do you help increase the alexa traffic rank ? is this any different from just gaining backlinks? um confused?

cheers and thanks all
    mrix

mrix, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  6. noame

noame Member

Best Answers:
    to increase alexa traffic rank. you need to get more traffic to your site. more backlinks helps you increase alexa rank, you your need to do it fast. try to buy PTC traffic

noame, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank is a completely meaningless number.
    It does not increase with backlinks, it only increases with visits from people with the Alexa toolbar.
    And buying traffic merely to increase Alexa rank is sheer idiocy. Having a high Alexa rank doesn't increase you position in Google or Yahoo, doesn't increase your traffic, doesn't increase your income. It's pointless

magda, Jul 4, 2010 IP
    shahram200 likes this.
  8. SeoBut.com

SeoBut.com Peon

Best Answers:
    there is a very solid reason why people dont use google backlink check method to check their backlinks, cuz google dont show anybacklinks. Use yahoo site explorer instead and you will have a very descent understanding of your sites popularity

SeoBut.com, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  9. SeoBut.com

SeoBut.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont listen to them, alexa is crap. You dont need any alexa increase to get your site on top, or to make money, I can tell you many ways to get your alexa rank to xx,xxx, but again its useless.

SeoBut.com, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  10. shahram200

shahram200 Peon

Best Answers:
    shahram200, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  11. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not all back links are displayed by google, only the relevant one's. My advice is to post signature links here at DP, Sitepoint & warrior foroum, submit articles to directory sites, post on dofollow blogs in a similar niche to your own and exchange linkswith other websites

lightlysalted, Jul 4, 2010 IP