1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Infolinks vs Kontera - a small experiment

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by JamesColin, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you use infolinks together with adsense? Same question with Kontera.

jacquem, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes jacquem you can use intext ads such as infolinks, kontera or chitika linx on the same page as adsense.
    Some people will say no because adsense does not allow other contextual ad networks, but those people are wrong and base their answer on outdated information.

JamesColin, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. ecosea

ecosea Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been looking at this for a little while and like everyone else got distracted and went back and looked again and I see a difference in the amount that they pay for the clicks and I am going to be putting the info links on more of my ecosea.com site and see if it holds true when more of the pages have it instead of Kontera. thanks to all of the previous posters for the intel.

ecosea, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarah and Senserely for the answer. I must admit some folks says you can not that's why I'm confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

jacquem, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  5. cohenj88

cohenj88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey jacquem,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. Building on what Sarah and Senserely said, Google has no problem with you using Kontera or any other In-Text ad network as long as the ads won't be mistaken for or interfere with Adsense ads, which Kontera doesn't.

Here's the specific place Google discusses it: Can I place Google ads on the same page with other ads?

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
    Kontera Community Manager
    Monetize Your Website with Kontera In-Text Ads

cohenj88, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  6. ziv1

ziv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi wwSENSERELYcom,
    I have just started out with Kontera and would appreciate if you can help me with some tips.
    My stats are very similar to yours - CTR 1.7% etc.
    My blog currently gets ~ 1,000,000 monthly page-views and I work with AdSense and Adsdaq.
    I have noticed a slight drop in bounce rate and AdSense CTR, though my total earnings are much higher than before.

My questions:
    1. What is the optimal density for Kontera links?
    2. How many links per page you'd recommend?
    3. Should I block their links from certain pages?
    4. Links colors.
    etc etc.

I will appreciate as much inputs you can give me.
    Thanks in advance for your time,
    Ziv

ziv1, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As you can see infolinks is better than kontera for earnings.
    The only way to earn more with kontera would be if you can contact them and get a good CPM deal. Otherwise for simple CPC earnings, as you can see in my test, infolinks wins.

JamesColin, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  8. samuro

samuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice share bro :) Really nice experiment!

samuro, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. maynerd67

maynerd67 Peon

Best Answers:
    ziv1, with the proper optimization you should for sure make more with Kontera than infolinks. I would suggest reaching out to Jonathan (jonathanc@kontera.com). I have read that he can help get things fixed up for you. A CPM is not the only way to go as i have seen lots of good campaigns which means high dollars running from Kontera.

maynerd67, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  10. ziv1

ziv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know Jonathan ;-) We were corresponded and worked together. I must tell that Kontera support team is fantastic. the reposnse time is 1/2 an hour.

Again, deal or no deal, the point is that when combining in-text links, I am losing 300 clicks on AdSense ads + 1 aff sell each day + page/visit is lowered by 5%-10%.
    So… when calculating the results you get something higher than before but not that much.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    ziv1, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  11. anishniranam

anishniranam Peon

Best Answers:
    Infolinks ispretty good, but ecpm is still low for me.

anishniranam, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  12. Sajithkumar

Sajithkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I have left kontera some years before and in fact I was using only adsense, as I could find only one company which is good as adsense was valueclickmedia.And I was fed up with all those low paying people like adbrite etc etc. But last year I have tried kontera again and it was same. This time I tested infolinks also, then i was surprised to see the result. (it was 40 times better than infolinks). Ever since I was running infolinks ads.
    However last month when browsing I have found kontera's same reply (that kontera work with only major brands, they have this that intel ford all (but never mentioned about payments :)). I got so much upset with them (already upset for showing 2 cents for 13 clicks on dash board on one day july 2012).
    I have written a blog at kontera vs infolinks at http://sajith.snydle.com/kontera-vs-infolinks.html.
    And jonathan posted some reply
    So I conducted a study again and posted there. Today as I was browsing for more research I have seen you post.

Hi jamecolin you are really rocking man. I like your infolinks category code and sure that it will increase the revenue.

Sajith

Note: If I am correct I was asking for some guest posting at your site. You were asking some money so I left as I could not digest paying money to post an article.

Sajithkumar, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  13. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    infolinks has no more love for me. their ads are out of place on my sites. and ecpm are very low :(

charice.preston, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Sajith, yes unfortunately my site is a paid to post now (before it was free, but not anymore) so I understand you don't want to pay yet another thing just to post, it is totally normal :)

JamesColin, Apr 28, 2013 IP