1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a lot of spare time where to start earning money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Candybox, Jun 24, 2010.

Hello everyone, I've finally decided to register after a few weeks of lurking around but generally having no sense of direction.

I would like an opinion or ideas as to how I could get started.

First about me, I am a 19yo male who is running a small photography business for around 18months now, I don't get a whole heap of work but slowly am getting there.

Now I don't have many expenses, I have fast internet and a LOT of time probably 12hrs a day easy. At my current rate this won't clash with my existing business.

So if you were me what could do with 12hrs of solid work a day on the internet? There is so much potential out there yet I am lost and have no clue.

Regards.

Candybox, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  2. bama boy

bama boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create blog about photography and daily update it with your newest projects and photos - use adsense and info-links and amazon to generate some money
    This could cost you only 1hour every day
    it's easy and after 3m of hard work i think you will see good $$$

bama boy, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  3. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I wanted to stay clear of my business is simply that at the moment there are hundreds of photography sites running, I would have to really work hard to rise above them. Although you do have a point as photography is kind of a big fad right now I guess it does have potential for tutorials etc. Thank you.

Candybox, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  4. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Start making photography tutorial website. give free tutorial to promote it
    You can offer detail or special tutorial for paid member.
    However, i don't think you can directly start with it.
    Build reputation first. Give some bonus, make contest, give free trial for one month, and something like that.

good luck :)

petr_ind, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  5. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Viral content of course. Make it interesting for people who stumble upon your site not specifically interested in photography (links from other not so relevant sites etc.).

In your spare time when you're not writing, read about SEO and make your site more visible in the search engines. Later on when you have a nice amount of daily traffic you can monetize it via product sales such as amazon affiliate, your own ebook, selling advertising space to others or simply adsense at the start. Build it up gradually and increase the amounts your site (blog or whatever you decide to start) is earning. Good luck!

Aleksandar Mitić, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  6. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the suggestions thus far I shall look into each of them, but is there anything else I can do not related to my field? I tried doing surveys, I've made $10 in one week from a single site but haven't gotten any since so that's a dead end. Are the ebooks for sale on this site good for me? I would love to buy one if they are real.

Candybox, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  7. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I forgot to add, I am not looking at making $1000 a month or anything I would be happy with $100 a month, would cover my phone bill at least.

Candybox, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do try out to sell webhosting as its very profitable business.

mentos, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  9. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start from what you have and what you know.

A good how-to photography site and sell your photos on the web. Work on what you like and you will never have to work at all.

iTube, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  10. shaaam2007

shaaam2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    start learning about SEO and content writing and create an account on some out sourcing website like freelancer.com and make bids on intermediate projects and get money back using reliable resources.

I think this is good way to earn money online

shaaam2007, Jun 25, 2010 IP
    Candybox likes this.
  11. TheFreelancerGuy

TheFreelancerGuy Guest

Best Answers:
    Think of a unique idea, go with it. Find the right people and make millions.

TheFreelancerGuy, Jun 25, 2010 IP
    Candybox likes this.
  12. IRichie

IRichie Peon

Best Answers:
    Make a blog, upload new and interesting photographs there.
    Share your photography tips etc. Make it interesting. Apply for adsense and you will start making money.
    Thanks

IRichie, Jun 25, 2010 IP
    Candybox likes this.
  13. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone once again, just an update. My friend has offered me a level 1 support role for his web hosting business. Should keep me busy now. Thanks again.

Candybox, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  14. adityarvrjc

adityarvrjc Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha very funny ...........you will dude if you work hard

adityarvrjc, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  15. adityarvrjc

adityarvrjc Member

Best Answers:
    choose a fast growing niche and make a site on it ,it takes more time to get money from blogs and sites

adityarvrjc, Jul 3, 2010 IP
    Candybox likes this.
  16. Mr_Spike

Mr_Spike Member

Best Answers:
    why not offer your photo services to webmasters offering niche related photos to be used on websites. Put your services on fiverr as well.

Also photography related blog, you could review cameras and other related items and link them to your amazon affiliate account.

Why not advertise a service offering to take profile pics for social network sites or passport photos - advertise offline locally either in local shop, or newspaper.

Mr_Spike, Jul 3, 2010 IP
    Candybox likes this.
  17. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend to all noobs you start out doing something like a Clip Store. I have written several tutorials on it.

You can also do celebrity sites. Otherwise, you may be able to do some site flipping, or small blog network.

Barefootsies, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  18. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes valid idea, I will look into forums/blogging. I have unlimited hosting + domains at my disposal so that will help.

Candybox, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  19. optimizare

optimizare Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see many wonderful ideas here. If someone else is in the same situation as the op than do not be afraid that some of these are done by many people. In this line of business quitting will not lead you anywhere. Making money online requires lots of work and determination. Oh, yes I forgot: lots of patience to.

Candybox, by now you probably started on some nice idea. Stick with it until it rains with money. This is my advice. Good luck!

optimizare, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  20. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all, have given out so many reps I can't give any more for another 24hrs lol. I've just had an Idea so doing research. Thanks :D

Candybox, Jul 3, 2010 IP