1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plz somebody solve my problem

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by ahmadlucky, Jun 17, 2010.

my blog : www.newsearth.eu
    approx all of my pages were indexed in Google, but yesterday when i checked my Google webmaster sitemap status, i found only 46 pages indexed,

and 2nd problem is that i have robots.txt file in my root dir and have www.newsearth.eu/sitemap.xml link of my blog's sitemap in robots.txt ,

but Google Crawler access is showing www.newsearth.eu/sitemap.xml.gz link, while i have just sitemap.xml url in my robots.txt file.

and my this link is also not working www.newsearth.eu/sitemap.xml.gz

ahmadlucky, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. jucychau

jucychau Guest

Best Answers:
    jucychau, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  3. MarinIke91

MarinIke91 Peon

Best Answers:
    the number displayed in webmaster tools is per sitemap. Google will not index pages it already knows about even if they appear in your sitemap so this number is always smaller than the actual number of pages indexed.

Google may be just checking for the GZipped version of the sitemap to save you some bandwidth. I don't think this is something worth worrying about.

MarinIke91, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  4. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to know how many pages are indexed at Google then search Google for "site:www.newsearth.eu".

Also, sitemaps don't guarantee your pages listed therein will be indexed. Google will simply use your sitemap to "assist" them with indexing your site... primarily to prioritize which URLs they will index first based on the <priority> element in the XML.

A site with good navigation and good internal linking structures should not even require a sitemap unless you have hundreds of thousands or millions of pages and you want to prioritize them

social-media, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  5. premgarment

premgarment Peon

Best Answers:
    if u dont want to show your xml.gz file go to www.newsearth.eu/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php under basic options unmark this line Write a gzipped file (your filename + .gz) so dont generat gz file .

premgarment, Jul 2, 2010 IP