1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whom Should I Trust ? Everyone Writes Like A Pro

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rush123456, Jul 1, 2010.

DP'ers,

I've been facing this issue from the time DP had huge number of users registering in a short span. I don't comment much on the threads, but I do keep reading most of the threads which I think would fetch me some news about SEO. The issue is, I am often confused on whose decision do I trust. When someone in general starts a thread (lets suppose asking Yes or No) the responses to the thread are variegated and everybody has a good justification for it. So whom do I trust, or whom do you trust when you have the same situation.

I was just curious to see how other people tackle this issue and I created this thread.

Thanks ya all.

rush123456, Jul 1, 2010 IP
    abeja_reina_1989 likes this.
  2. johnsonp

johnsonp Peon

Best Answers:
    I find many people in DP are professionals. I learned many this by reading threads. If you ask any question, you get correct answer from many members. All real and experienced members are sharing their knowledge.

johnsonp, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you may trust on these guys with you were already done deal.

Achiever, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  4. rush123456

rush123456 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I appreciate your replies to my question. I do agree people here are professionals and come here with a great zeal to learn something. What I intend to ask is, who decision can be trusted. Lets say I started a thread asking you guys, should I go for a iPhone4 or not, because I have no clue what does it do. And one of you say its very good because it has very efficient multi-tasking skills and the other one feels it lacks signal strength. In this scenario, whom should I trust? This is just a sample scenario, imagine the questions that are asked in the link building or seo or any other sections of the DigitalPoint. I hope I am making it clear to you guys.

rush123456, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  5. pokedude1111

pokedude1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    trust none unless you are positive

pokedude1111, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  6. rush123456

rush123456 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to implement, but very well said :)

rush123456, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  7. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a research, people in DP might say one thing and the other might say another. If you're having a hard time then do a research outside DP. Let's just say you're looking for a thread regarding on SEO and how link building works and you notice that almost all of the posters are somewhat right, however being that you are still unsure whom to trust you can't decide which is which. Google it or read articles in trusted SEO blogs or websites such as SEOmoz or even Matt Cutt's blog!

You might also want to do a background check on the posters to see how much he has contributed here in DP and how much knowledge he or she has passed on.

Grimm, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  8. cshuaninty

cshuaninty Peon

Best Answers:
    do not trust anyone other than yourself :p

cshuaninty, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  9. shakingspear

shakingspear Peon

Best Answers:
    You're kind of stuck in a loop with this thread topic. How can you trust what anyone writes in here if you don't know who to trust?

shakingspear, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  10. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As far as SEO goes, there are only about 3 regulars on DP who I'd trust to know what they are talking about.
    If you see an answer and are wondering if it's correct, look at the other posts that contributor has made, and think about whether they always answer in their own words because they understand the concept, or are just copying what they've seen somewhere else.

magda, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  11. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of SEO, there are many ways to achieve similar results as it is such a complex, ever-changing animal. No one SEO method is perfect or complete!

Therefore, different people who have achieved good results in a variety of ways will have different views on the "correct" way to undertake SEO.

So that said, I would suggest always try to do some research and testing of others recommendations before you fully implement the said strategy. That's what I try to do anyway...

zhoom, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  12. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keep me in mind in future :p

X P S, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  13. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    If they post one of their domains, see where it ranks in a Google search. That should give you an indication of their seo abilities. "In God we trust, the rest pay cash" ;)

globegenius, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  14. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, your question is who can you trust, everyone here seems to be great writers. I have been around her for a little over a year now and I have grown tired of the those answers like "good post, thanks" or "great info". These are the ones that I feel you cant trust.

I am going to use your example of the Iphone4. One guy says its great with all its capabilities, the other guy says it doesnt have the signal strength that he would like. Now you have to dig a bit deeper. What does the first guy use it for? Where does the second guy live or work? One question will lead you to another and another.

Now for SEO. When you ask a question on link building. You will get answers that are great, or at least sound that way. I have seen threads where 20 different people have the same answer. That is annoying for sure. But, its all part of the game.

After you get a few different answers to your question. Ask yourself another. PM the responders. Learn about them. Find out what their background is. If they know nothing about SEO you will see it in their posts or responses pretty quickly.

gvannorman, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  15. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can agree to your talk little a bit! but there are only chunk of few unprofessional around on DP but rest of them have huge experience in web industry for so long.. Before reading or considering any fact you should notice the members contribution or reputation @ forums

jezzz, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  16. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't been around much lately but I was one of the earliest members of DP. Really! You might never have heard of me but I am not a new kid in this town. Even so, I am not an IM whiz kid and what I know about the internet barely keeps me afloat. On paper I might look like a good person to take advice form and I am a good writer so I could spin you a fanny that would have you eating out my hand, but my expertise would be in the writing and not in the knowledge I was pretending to have.

This used to be a great forum. Lately it seems to be full of people trying to sell you all kinds of shit. Including their own crap experience. The answer to your question about DP and about anything in life, is don't take anyone at face value. Ask your questions, politely thank people for the answers you get, then use those answers as springboards to search for corroborating information before you make any decison at all.

e10, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  17. abeja_reina_1989

abeja_reina_1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You bring up a very good point. I think people all have different experiences when it comes to working online so their answers may vary. Whenever I answer anyone's question, I make sure to let them know that it's how I do it and that I'm not 100% sure if it's the best way. I think there are always a few correct answers when it comes to working online. This business is tricky and not everyone is successful in the same way that others are.

abeja_reina_1989, Jul 11, 2010 IP